viii. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭

Will letting out a loud gasp woke the pair on the floor

Will letting out a loud gasp woke the pair on the floor. Jude sat up first, realizing he had his arms wrapped around Mike, one of his legs on him. Mike sat up too. "Will, what's wrong?"

Will looked over with wide, panicked eyes.

"I'll get Miss Joyce." Jude spoke up quickly, getting up from the pallet on the floor and hurrying through the house.

"Sorry about before." Jude cleared his throat when he met Mike in the hallway, the pair looking for anything familiar on the walls of drawings.

Mike looked over. "Wha- oh. It's fine, I sleep weird too."

"Yeah, so weird." Jude spoke with a forced, awkward laugh. "Did you...find anything?"

"Find anything?" Mike looked his way with a weird expression.

"That will help." Jude nodded toward the walls, giving a small tug to the red and white striped sweater that felt a little too tight around his neck.

"Not-" Mike began, looking back at the wall. "Here!"

Joyce's feet ran through the house, meeting the boys in the hallway as Mike pointed up to a drawing. Joyce matched the new one in her hands, seeing how they'd blended perfectly. "Okay, so Hopper is here."

"Here." Jude leaned next to her and tapped the drawing so she hadn't had to hold it.

"Yeah. Now we just need to find out where here is, right?" Mike nodded his head.

"Right." Joyce agreed.

"Did he say anything?" Mike continued.

"Before he left." Jude added in.

"Something about vines?" she gave a weird expression. The sound of a car approaching had the three hurried toward the window, in hopes of finding Hopper, instead seeing Bob get out of his red car.

"Want me to get him out of here?" Jude suggested, holding his head a little higher.

"I've got it." Joyce moved past him, leaving the two inside.

"I bet dating as adults is worse then dating as teenagers." Jude said honestly as he watched the two talk outside.

"What do you mean?" Mike asked oddly.

"Like, you have to deal with them all the time. When you're young, you just go to school together and can make the excuse that your parents won't let you hang out on weekends." the curly haired boy went on, his breath fogging up the window in the slightest.

"I think that's the point." Mike gave a snort. "Usually when people date they want to be able to see each other."

"I don't think i'll ever date." Jude shook his head honestly. "I like my alone time too much. I couldn't be around them constantly."