x. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗽𝘆

"Will? Will?" Mike repeated over and over to get his attention

"Will? Will?" Mike repeated over and over to get his attention. The smaller boys jumped as he turned his head his way, seeing Jude taking a seat on the other side of Mike as well. "What's wrong? Are you hurting again?"

Will sat up some, Jude scanned over his face, holding his bandaged arm close to his chest as a habit. Will blinked over at the two. "I saw something."

"Where?" Jude leaned forward to ask.

"In your now-memories?" Mike took a breath, speaking a lot calmer then Jude had.

Will nodded, leaning in closer toward the pair. "The shadow monster. I think I know how to stop him."

The doctors had brought the trio into a conference room, laying Wills drawings out across the table. His small finger pointed down onto a black and blue photo. "That's it."

"That's what? What there, Will?" the white haired doctor asked, leaning over Wills shoulder. Jude and Mike sat toward the end of the table, shoulder to shoulder.

"I don't know." Will admitted to him. "I just know he doesn't want me to see there. I think it's important."

Jude took a breath, watching as the doctors began to clear out, seemingly whispering and preparing for something. Jude pulled an altoids container from his pocket, catching the odd look one of the nurses gave. "I swear it isn't drugs."

"Jude." Mike looked his way with an odd look, watching him pop the cinnamon mint into this mouth.

"What do you think everyone else is doing?" Jude asked, standing across from Mike as they leaned on the opposite walls together. "How much do you wanna bet Dustin is probably beating on our doors right now?"

"I know he is." Mike cracked a grin. "Or at the arcade, Lucas is definitely with him."

"Probably arguing." the curly haired boy pointed out.

"Definitely arguing." Mike corrected him with a faint laugh. "Think your dads worried?"

"Probably." Jude nodded his head. "But if he shows up at the Byers house, he'll see the note about the camping trip and won't worry so much."

"I wish my dad was like yours." Mikes words made Jude gave a odd look. "I mean, I know Mr.Russell hasn't always been a good guy, but he's gotten so much better. He cares about you, like, he cared about what you do."

"You don't think your dad cares about you?" Jude looked in confusion at Mike, because even though he was bias because both his parents loved him so much, it was hard for him to understand how a parent couldn't care about their child.

"He cares, but not like your dad does." Mike gave a small nod of his head, a minor shrug as he spoke. "It's like he has to care, because i'm his kid. Your dads not like that. Even if you weren't his, he'd still care."