xvii. 𝐢 𝐚𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐧

"You drug me away from my book for this? For this!" Jude ranted as he stared at Mike, sat between Corey and Lucas on the couch

"You drug me away from my book for this? For this!" Jude ranted as he stared at Mike, sat between Corey and Lucas on the couch. "You're the crazy one, not Hop!"

"She knows i'm lying. She knows i'm lying." Mike paced around the room with a knowing point.

"I don't even understand. Why lie?" Lucas gave an add look.

"Hopper!" Mike tossed his hands up.

"Hopper made you lie?" Corey gave a questionable look. "Stupid cops."

"Right?" Jude agreed.

"No! No!" Mike waved them off. "He threatened me."

"With a gun?" Corey's eyes widened.

"What?" Jude and Mike called on sync.

"Who said anything about a gun?" Lucas looked over in questioning, his eyes wide.

Corey gave an innocent look to Mike. "A knife?"

"Words!" Mike called back.

Jude laughed, getting a look of disbelief. "You lied because some man threatened you with words? Michael, put your big boy pants on."

"If I don't do what he says, then he'll stop me from seeing El." Mike gapped in his direction.

"So, be a man and see her anyways." Jude shrugged in return, falling back on the couch with an exhale. "Alpha move. I read that chicks dig it in a swimsuit magazine."

"Jude, you are suppose to be my wing man here!" Mike waved his hands in his direction.

"I am your wing man!" Jude pointed out. "I'm telling you that Hopper isn't gonna hurt you. If he does, I'll run him over with my dads motorcycle."

"Well, thank you, that helps a lot. Not like i'll be able to thank you after i'm dead." Mike gave him a crazy look.

"Hey, guys, i'm almost set up here." Will called from the table, getting the board together.

"I had no choice. I really had no choice." Mike repeated himself.

"Why are you being a parrot right now? Stop repeating yourself!" Jude tossed his hands up, falling into the couch again.

Corey laughed. "The yellow shirt doesn't help either."

"I just wish you'd consulted me, because the way you handled this, you're in deep shit." Lucas pointed out with a knowing look.

"Women are...they have different minds then we do." Jude sat up with a point to his forehead. "They are smarter then we are, even if we are super smart, they are always smarter. They know when we lie. That's why we never lie to woman!"

"I lied to my mom." Corey looked over as they rose their eyebrows his way. "I told her I was going to the skatepark, not hanging out with you guys."

Mike groaned loudly, throwing himself onto the couch as Jude walked over, patting his head. "It'll be okay, little vampire."