vii. 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗼

gif isn't working rn so just imagine mike and jude here:(

"Stop being a baby and do it already!" Mike hollered at Lucas the next day, Will still absent from school after his bad episodes on the field yesterday. "Do you care to help out, Jude?"

The boy held a finger up, reading until he finished his line, then looked up. "What?"

Mike rolled his eyes with a loud groan, only causing the Mackenzie boy to look back down at his book.

"What the hell's going on?" Dustin asked as he ran up to the trio, Lucas still in the dumpster.

"What do you think? We're looking for Dart." Mike spoke, leaning on his stick. He spoke loudly suddenly. "Most of us, anyways!"

"Jesus!" Dustin yelled as bags on trash flew over the side, Lucas throwing his legs over and jumping out.

"Well, well, well." Lucas glared at him. "Look who finally decided to show up. After I drew the short straw. Real convenience."

"It's convenient." Jude corrected him, eyes still down on his pages, flipping away.

"You stink." Max gave a gross look to Lucas, walking away and standing near Dustin instead.

"You think Dustin smells any better?" Jude looked up at her, from where he sat on the steps. "He smells like sticky syrup! Gag in my mouth."

"Why do you have such an attitude today?" Mike gave him a crazy look.

"Why do you chew so loud? Some things we just do not know." Jude threw his hands up in disbelief. "All i'm saying is, Max, if you don't wanna smell syrup, you can sit with me. I happen to smell like watermelon and bergamot."

"Oh, god, give me a break." Mike rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"Is this what you're use to? Making all the girls swoon and have them sit next to you no matter what?" Max gave Jude a look of disbelief. "No thanks."

"W-W-I-" Jude stumbled over his words.

"W-W-I what? Can't stand that someone isn't falling at your feet for once?" Max crossed her arms his way.

"Where's Will?" Dustin spoke up.

"He'll be here." Mike nodded.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" Lucas asked as he tossed a stick his way. "Or are you gonna help?"

"Anything?" Lucas called later when Mike tried to call the Byers house from the pay phone out back.

"We need to talk. AV room. Right now." Mike ran there way. Jude slapped his book shut, standing up and following him toward the door. Mike turned to Max when she began to follow. "Party members only."

"Mike." Dustin gave a look of disbelief.

"No! This is non-negotiable." Mike said sternly, yanking the door open as the three headed in after him quickly. Jude opened the AV room, letting Mike go in before following, nearly hitting Dustin in the face with the door in the process.

"Will didn't want me to tell anyone, but on Halloween night he saw a sort of shadow in the sky." Mike spoke when they all sat down together, turning the lamp on.

"A shadow?" Lucas asked. "What kind of shadow?"

"I don't know. But it scared him." Mike looked at the pair, then turned his head to Jude next to him. "And if Will really has True Sight, I mean if he can really see into the Upside Down, maybe he saw that shadow again yesterday."

"So that's why he was frozen like that?" Dustin asked curiously.

"Maybe." Mike agreed.

"It makes sense." Jude admitted.