xi. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨

"Look, this is us, and this is the nearest exit

"Look, this is us, and this is the nearest exit." the doctor explain in the dark, marking the paper. "But even if we somehow make it there, there's no way out."

"What do you mean?" Hopper looked after him in questioning.

"The locks are fail secure." he turned his way.

"Fail secure?" Joyce asked with an odd look.

"Like they aren't working?" Jude asked from beside Mike, wishing he was eating hasbrows for free at the diner.

"If there's a power outage, the building goes on lockdown." the older man said back with a nod of his head.

"Can it be unlocked remotely?" Bob looked him in the eye.

"With a computer, sure, but somebody's gotta reset the breakers." he said back to Bob, seemingly either against the idea or all for someone going.

"I nominate Hopper." Jude spoke up, getting a look of disbelief from the Chief.

"Where are the breakers?" Hopper turned his head from Jude.

"Breakers are in the basement, three floors down." Wills doctor said back quickly, knowing the build like the back of his hand.

Hopper stormed off. Bob turned. "Hey, where are you going?"

"To reset the breakers." Hop argued, Jude looked over quickly.

"When I nominated you, I didn't mean you go without a weapon." he looked at him crazy like, throwing his hands up. "Aren't you suppose to be a police officer?"

"What are you gonna do after?" Bob questioned him.

"Then we get out of here." Jim said back in annoyance, Mike tapped Jude's arm, making him back up with him.

"No, then the power comes back on." Bob pointed out, like everyone knew what he was thinking. "If you wanna unlock the doors, you have to reboot the computer system, and then override the security codes with a manual input."

"That was probably similar to german for him." Jude whispered to Mike.

"This is not the time." the Wheeler boy looked at him in disbelief.

Jude threw his hands up. "My apologizes. Just trying to cool off the panic Wills put on us."

"How do I do that?" Hopper huffed to Bobs previous question.

"You can't. Not unless you know BASIC." the Newby man shook his head.

"I don't know what that means." the chief said back casually, keeping one tone the entire time.

"It's a computer programming language." Mike spoke up.

"Basically like english for Bob." Jude agreed, his curls a bit flat from being all over the place recently.