xxix. 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

"What a cutie

"What a cutie." Corey commented as he looked at Jude, asleep on Mikes shoulder as they flew through the air. "He brought three books just to sleep."

"Randle says he's a growing boy and sleeps a lot more." Mike shrugged his shoulders as he flipped through Jude's book alone. "He's a jerk."

"Yeah, just a little." Corey agreed. "Mike, I need advice on El."

Mike gave an awkward look, but Corey didn't seem to notice. "I like her. I do. But, we aren't together. And not just like together as in standing next to each other, we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend either. But, we kinda act like it. So, does that mean I missed something? Or, how do I ask that? And I know you guys use to date, and-"

"El usually makes her own mind up." Mike cut him off as he shifted uncomfortably. "I'd let her come to you if she likes you. What better way to do that then over spring break?"

Corey smiled. "I knew you were smart enough to tell me. Thank you."

"Don't worry about it." Mike wanted to laugh at this obliviousness. Before anyone could react, Jude gave a small gasp as he sat up. Mike winced when he hit his head. "Ow."

"Sorry." Jude mumbled, rubbing his head for him. "Bad dreams."

"Hate those." Corey shook his head, grabbing his bag.

"Wait, I need to get my suntan lotion on so I can stop looking like Mike 2.0." Jude hurried to grab it from his bag.

"Thanks." Mike hummed.

"I love the vampire look you have going on." Jude reassured him with a shake of his head. "But me? Not me."

"I think you'd made a good vampire." Mike argued as he passed him his bag. "You do like garlic bread."

"Exactly why i'd make a terrible vampire." he pointed out as they walked off the plane. "I'd end up killing myself just for some good bread."

"That's true." Mike nodded as their arms pressed together when they walked.

"Corey!" El called out, getting their attention as the trio turned to the right.

"El!" he smiled, running to meet her in a hug. "California is treating your good looks well."

"She gets those from me." Jude confirmed, dropping his bags as El hugged him. "Jesus, you're getting so tall!"

"PE teacher says i'm 5'5." El nodded as she held onto him. "Missed you so much."

"Missed you too." he held her in return.

"Hey. How's it going?" Mike patted Wills back when he went in for a hug.

"Hey, Mike. Jude. Corey." Jonathan greeted the boys.

"Oh, hey." Jude cleared his throat, a little flushed in the face. "I like this new hair you've got going on."