xv. 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘁

El tilted her head, Billy's body crashing back into the sauna room wall

"Now!" Mike yelled as El slammed the door shut, him and Will putting a broken pipe on the handle to avoid him getting out. Jude jumped, hiding behind Mike slightly as Billy beat on the door, yelling and grunting as he did so.

Mike reached back to take his hand. Corey was hidden behind Jude the whole time.Billy spoke, "Max."

Their eyes all turned her way, the redhead hesitated a second, "Do it."

"Max! Let me out of here!" Billy yelled as Will turned the sauna heat up. Billy's outburst and the way he hit the wall had Jude trying to be the bravest he could. He nodded, trying to hype himself up to try and protect the ones around him. El, thankfully, pushed the group behind her and Mike kept Jude back. He didn't have to be a tough guy.

"You kids, you think this is funny? You kids think this is some kind of sick prank, huh?" Billy asked through the glass, spitting on it, "You little shits think this is funny? What is this? Open the door. Open the door!"

He made them all jump slightly, repeating himself over and over again to open the door.

Billy yelled out loudly as Will called out, "We're at 220."

Sobbing echoed from inside, "It's not my fault. It's not my fault. It's not my fault, Max. I promise you, it's not my fault."

Max slowly approached, Mike and Jude shared a look.

"What's not your fault, Billy?" she asked, peering through the foggy window.

"I've done things, Max. Really...bad things. I didn't mean to." Billy cried from within the smaller, heated room. The group behind Max slowly approached as well with their own looks of fear and panic, "He made me do it."

"Who made you do it?" Max asked, voice small and gentle.

"I don't know, it was like a shadow." Billy spoke. El looked back at Will, the look in his eye made Jude huff. He stood up straight, taking the lead as he stood before the group now, "Like a giant shadow. Please, Max."

"What did he make you do?" she asked him.

"It's nod my fault, okay? Max, please." Billy begged, crying and yelling at the same time, "Please believe me. It's not my fault. I tried to stop him, I did. Please believe me, Max."

Max began to cry as she put a hand to the glass, "Billy, it's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay. We want to help you. You just have to talk to us, okay?"

"I feel him." Will mumbled, his hand coming up to the back of his neck, "He's activated."

Mike looked forward, "Max, get away from the door."

"What?" she turned back.

"Get away from the door!" Mike yelled, Billy hitting the window as glass flew everywhere. Jude lunged forward, grabbing Max and yanking her to the side.