xxiv. 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞?

"Okay, get her down

"Okay, get her down." Nancy spoke as she got ahold of all the medical supplies she'd need. Corey sat El down on the ground, a lot strong then the other boys had been. "Okay. Lemme see."

They all cringed when Nancy rolled up El's pant leg, the large hole in El's leg leaking terrible. Jude shook his head. "What the shit?"

"Jude." Mike scolded him.

"Sorry, that's just so gross." Jude shook his head. "Gag in my freaking mouth."

"Jude!" Mike repeated with an insane look.

"What- hey, hey, what are you doing?" Max cut Nancy off when she went to open the whips.

"I'm cleaning the wound." Nancy said back honestly as she looked back down at El's leg.

"No, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." Max listed on seriously, nodding her head each time. "I skateboard. Trust me."

Max pressed a gauze pad to El's leg, telling Corey to hold it in place, doing some with ease. "Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay?"

"Yeah, I got it." Corey nodded his head. "Blood doesn't bother me."

"Yeah, it does me." Jude spoke. "I love you, cousin. But, I might pass out."

"We're gonna need water, soap." Max looked at Nancy and Jonathan as they nodded and headed off. The clatter of stuff falling made them look over, seeing Lucas had emptied his backpack with unnecessary supplies across the floor.

"Does any of this help?" he asked, looking down at the three with Will by his side.

Max gave a look of disbelief. "No. Go get me a washcloth and a bowl."

"A bowl?" he asked in disbelief.

"Lucas." the redhead huffed in response. Will smacked his arm, heading off quickly and leaving the remaining four.

Jude nearly tipped over as he stared at the wound. Max gapped. "Jude!"

"Sorry, sorry." he apologized, feeling light headed. "I should sit."

"Okay, I'm gonna-" Mike pulled Jude's arms.

"Good idea." Corey pointed out. "Weak."

Mike lead Jude toward the lawn chairs near the register, setting him down. "I can't believe this is how you are."

"Jesus, I know." Jude held his head. "Remember when I passed out in class because I cut my finger?"

"I had to carry you to the nurses office, I think I remember." Mike laughed slightly as Jude cracked a grin. "Well, drag you, more so."

"Yeah, and I was way tinier back then." he laughed slightly. "Then my dad decided to get a job at a diner and feed me like crazy."

"Yeah, but weight gain looks good on you. Good for the baseball team." Mike nodded his head.