xxx. 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐲

Mike looked over when he felt Jude's finger touch his knee under the table

Mike looked over when he felt Jude's finger touch his knee under the table. He turned his head a little to give a faint grin, waiting for a reaction. Mike grinned back, moving his knee a little more. Corey watched El from across the table, she hadn't said anything since they came home, or in the car.

"So there I was, headed down the I-5, going to see a client in Ventura. I'm looking for a motel to stay in for the night and suddenly, bam, it hits me." Murray laughed as he drug out the story he was telling. "Didn't the Byers move here?"

"Small world, isn't it? It's a small world." Joyce laughed in agreement.

"So I thought, 'Hey, you know what? Why don't I drop in, say hello to my old friends?'" Murray held his hands up slightly. Jude frowned his eyebrows at him.

"So sweet of you." Joyce gushed, Jude rose an eyebrow in Mikes direction.

"Sweeter of you to let me stay." he grinned.

"Kill me." Jude mumbled.

"Do not." Corey warned from across the table.

"Do not what?" Mike spoke up, because he hadn't heard Jude from just next to him.

"And he cooks." Joyce went on about Murray to stop the boys awkward conversation from lingering.

"I clean too!" Murray laughed at himself as he fluffed up his hair in the back. "A regular little housewife."

"What's a housewife?" Corey questioned.

"You should just stay." Joyce gushed to her guest.

"I'd be tempted, Joyce, except you know, you have that, uh.." he trialed off, his eyes widening just a tad.

"Right." Joyce's got wide in return. "That business trip."

"Business trip? What business trip?" Will spoke up as El gave her an odd look.

"Oh my gosh." Joyce laughed nervously. "I almost forgot to tell you guys. This thing came up at work and it turns out I have to go to a conference tomorrow. In Alaska." Joyce went on with her previous conversation.

"Can I come?" Jude looked over the wine.

"Tomorrow?" Mike spoke.

"Alaska?" Will gapped.

"That's where they're based, the Britannicas." Joyce cleared her throat some. "Joan and Brian Britannica."

"So do Eskimos, like, still live in igloos, or, uh, are they, like, fully-blown like, living in the..in the suburbs now?" Argyle looked to Murray for an answer.

"What's an Eskimo?" Corey asked, Jude choked on his juice as it flew from his drink.

"Who is this?" Murphy nodded over to Argyle.

"Is no one gonna answer me?" Corey gapped.

"You've never heard of an Eskimo kiss?" Jude asked, shaking his head back and forth. "With the nose?"