EPILOGUE

IN A QUAINT SHOP nestled within a sea-turned street, at the very heart of the town of Wai, resided a friendly wizard and a happy little witch — both deeply in love with one another.

Bundles of bluebird berries bloomed year-round, nestled within thin wooden boxes that were fastened to the base of every sea-facing window of the shop. The eloquently carved diamond-marble street passing in front of the shop had consistent traffic. A variety of spells were available for purchase. This included medical spells to heal the weak and injured, along with simple yet convenient cleaning spells. Their price? A simple joke, a hearty laugh, or a friendly smile.

Everyone in town utterly and wholeheartedly adored the shop's cheerful owner, along with her sweet, doting husband.

One hundred years had passed since the Capitol of Khal burned to ashes, taking with it the entirety of the kingdom. It took some time for the humans to eventually rebuild. Monarchical rule faded with the humans that remembered it, replaced with a strong democracy that allowed everyone to vocalize their truth. Zeporia was named the new Capitol, flourishing with life, happiness, and wealth.

No one knew the actual cause of the destruction — or the culprit behind the demise of the royal family. The mysterious woman who single-handedly abolished the monarchy went unnamed within written history.

A certain wizard made sure of that.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

hey there friends!

So I'm not going to lie...I've kind of dreaded posting these last two chapters. But here it is...

This is the end of Ice!

I started this story back in 2016. It was just a prologue (that really wasn't a prologue, but more of a short story) that I created for my Fiction II Writing class while at college. I never expected it to evolve into this massive almost-never-ending epic of a story. But here we are.

Almost six years and 231,807 words later.

I genuinely can't thank you all enough for taking the time to read this little book of mine. To fall in love with Ravenna, Caelan, and Vyses as you did (well, mostly Caelan lol). I swear reading your comments — the wild reactions, the crazy theories, even the dislike/hate — it's seriously made me so happy these last few years. It's so much fun to see all the varied and unique perspectives that you all have. Thank you so much for typing them out. Thank you so much for following along. Thank you so much for being a part of this huge, beautiful chapter.

I hope that this ending has done the story justice. If there are any questions left unanswered (which I'm sure there are lol), please don't hesitate to leave them in the comments! I'll respond as much as I can!! I may also make a Q&A chapter after this if needed as well.

As for sequels, I'll be 30000% honest with you. I'm not sure yet. I have this idea in my brain that's been cooking for the last several years that will allow me to kind of/somewhat link together all of my books (well, Ice, Like A Witch, and two others that aren't on here yet). But I haven't fully decided yet on whether I should do it. And I'm not totally sure if it counts as a sequel either lol. Though if I do it...a certain white-haired, red-eyed person may return...

For now though, I'm going to focus on rewriting Like A Witch and getting that finished. Then I'll see how I feel about everything.

In the meantime, if you find that you miss Ravenna and Caelan — don't fret! You can still watch their journey visually come to life on Tapas!! If you missed the surprise chapter that I posted in December, Ice has officially been released as a webcomic. And the artwork is absolutely stunning!!! Here's a glimpse of some of my favorite panels:

 And the artwork is absolutely stunning!!! Here's a glimpse of some of my favorite panels:

Seriously though

Seriously though. Thank you all again so much for reading and loving this book <3 You all mean the absolute world to me and I'm so endlessly grateful to you. I love you all so much!!! ;-;

love, ash <3