esqueleto

"So, how's school and work going?" I jump completely startled by my father's voice and I turn around to look at him

"Uh, school is good. Work is good. I made a lot of friends. Oh, speaking of friends, I want you to meet Eli Moskowitz." I tell him as I grab my white iPhone XR and my backpack.

"I'd love to meet him! See, I told you, you will meet some friends. Come here." My father gives me a hug and he kisses the top of my head. "I love you, Ariana. I'll see you later." I nod my head as I said goodbye and I went to school.

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face. I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity." Counselor Blatt says and I intertwine my fingers with Eli's.

"It's the kid right there." One student says and I grit my teeth.

"It's the kid with the weird lip." Another student says and I shake my head.

"But, today our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students." Counselor Blatt says and I mutter in French.

"Vous ne pouvez pas faire de l'ècole un espace sûr pour nous si l'intimidation se produit en ligne. Ce enfants se cachent derrière leurs tèlèphones et ordinateurs. Vous  ne pouvez pas les arrêter. Vous ne pouvez pas empêcher la cyberintimidation de se produire." I say in French as Demetri and Miguel look at me. (You can't make school a safe space for us if the bullying is happening online. These kids are hiding behind their phones and computers. You can't stop them. You can't stop cyberbullying from happening.)

"If you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojo's looking for recruits." Miguel says to Eli and I rub my thumb across the back of Eli's hand.

"Yeah, right. You hear that, Eli? A little karate training, and you're gonna kick some major ass." Demetri says and I kick his shin once again.

"Ne sois pas sarcastique en ce moment, Demetri. Je pense que c'est une excellente idée. Cela vous donnera confiance. Je prends du karaté. Mon père m'enseigne." They all look at me completely confused and I sighed. I speak fluent French when I get angry. "Don't be sarcastic right now, Demetri. I think that's a great idea. It'll give you confidence. I take karate. My father teaches me." I tell them and Miguel looks at me. "He was the co-founder of Cobra Kai." I tell them and Eli looks at me impressed. "I can ask my father if you can train with me. Sorry, Miguel, didn't mean to kill your buzz or anything." Miguel shakes his head and Eli smiles at me.