mercy

My father and I arrived at the All Valley Sports Arena the next morning and we went straight to the locker rooms

My father and I arrived at the All Valley Sports Arena the next morning and we went straight to the locker rooms. My father went to sign me in as I leaned against the wall.

"Hey, are you alright?" A heard a male voice ask and I turn my head to see Xander Stone standing there in front of me.

"Not really, my boyfriend and I broke up last night. I saw him kissing another girl. I'm just trying to wipe it from my memory, but it keeps sneaking it's way back into my mind. You're Xander Stone, you won the tournament last year." I say to him and he nods his head as he leans his side against the wall.

"You are Ariana Silver and you've traveled the world to compete in karate tournaments around the world. You and I are going up against each other first." I suddenly feel scared that I won't even make through the first round. "Hey, don't look so nervous. It'll be alright. Just stay focused and you'll be great." He places his hand on my hip and he leans down to whisper in my ear. "Maybe after this whole  thing is over: I'll take you out on a date. I'll make you forget all about him." He whispers in my ear and he kisses my cheek before he walks off.

"Welcome, everyone, to the 50th annual All Valley Under 18 Karate Championship! You'll love the new mats. All right, let's start by welcoming all the local dojos competing today. Fighting out of Topanga, we have Topanga Karate." I see Xander among them and he winks at me as they take their place around the mats. "From Reseda, returning to the tournament, we have..." We all march out chanting "Cobra Kai", but I'm not chanting with them as we take our places. "Now that's what I call an entrance! And a badass name for a dojo!" Daryl says as I see my father and he gives me a thumbs up. "And finally, fighting unaffiliated from North Hills, we have Mr. Robby Keene." Robby runs out and he stands on the opposite side of me. We fist pump each other and I turn my head to look at him.

"Hey, I might be joining Miyagi-Do when this is all over. If you hadn't already heard: Hawk and I broke up. I'm not exactly sure I'll win today. I'm trying to stay focused, but I'm having a really hard time." I tell him and he squeezes my hand.

"First up, we have world champion: Ariana Silver and last year's winner, Xander Stone. This is the round to watch!" Daryl says as Sensei Lawrence rubs my shoulders and Miguel smiles at me.

"You've got this, Ariana! Get him!" Aisha says to me and I ignore Hawk's looks as I look over at Robby, who wins his first round.

"Three points to win." The referee says to us and we bow to each other before we take our fighting positions. I get the first two points and I end up beating Xander in the first round.  I watch Hawk as he wins his round and I see Moon completely in love with him. We were now in the Quarterfinals and then we had the names for the semifinals: Miguel, Hawk, Xander, Me, and Robby.

It was Miguel and Xander. It was Robby and Hawk. Hawk lost because he dislocated Robby's shoulder, so it was just Xander and I in the finals. Xander and I took our places on the mats. The pressure was starting to sink in and the roar of the crowds was getting to me. I closed my eyes and I tuned it all out. Stay focused. I tell myself as we take our fighting positions and I look into Xander's eyes.

"Fighting positions. Fight!" The referee says to us and I tried to tune everything out. It was so hard to do. I knew I wasn't going to win. I knew I was going to lose, but I had to go down fighting.

I roundhouse kick Xander in the stomach and I right hook him in the jaw.

"That's what I'm talking about!" I hear my father shout from the stands and I smile.

"One point: Silver!" The referee says as we take our fighting positions again and Xander scored one point.

"Is that all you got, Stone?" I ask him as I Hook Kick him in the chest and I get another point.

"Come on, sweetheart! Just one more! One more!" My father was down standing by Daniel LaRusso and they both look at each other. Xander punches me hard in the eye and I stumble backwards but I caught myself.

"Another point: Stone!" The referee says as we go back to our places and we take our fighting positions. I take a deep breath and I look at Xander.

"Come on, love. Just one more." He says to me and I take another deep breath. He kicks me in the knee and I feel something crack in my knee but I front sweep him and he falls to the ground.

"We have a new champion: Ariana Silver." Daryl announces to everyone as I try to take a step forward and I fall the ground with a pained groan. Xander runs over to me and he places his hands on my right knee.

"You won, Ariana. It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay. Where does it hurt?" Xander presses down on my knee and I yelp out in pain as I close my eyes. He rolls my pant leg up and he sucks in a breath.

"How bad is it, Xander? Tell me." I say as he rolls my pant leg back down and he calls my father and the paramedic over to us. He places my head on his lap and he rubs his thumbs across my forehead.

"It's an ACL tear. It's six to nine months recovery time. I'm sorry that I did this to you. I'm sorry, Ariana. I'll help you with your Physical Therapy and everything. I'll never leave your side. I'll never leave you, Ariana. I've got you, Ariana. I'm here." Xander tells me and I smile weakly at him. They load me onto a gurney and they gave me the trophy before we left for West Valley Medical Hospital.