king cobra

Sam's POV

Sam's POV

"Another karate fight? What the heck were you thinking?" My mother comes rushing into the waiting room at the hospital and I look up at her with tears in my eyes.

"Mom...they broke Ariana's wrist. Just snapped her left wrist in half like it was nothing. I just wanted to show them that we couldn't be bullied." I cry as my mother hugs me and she tells me that it's going to be alright. "I didn't do anything to help Ariana. I couldn't stop them." I sob into her arms as Xander walks out of Ariana's room and we stand up.

"Is she gonna be okay?" My mother asked him and he nods his head.

"Yeah, her wrist is broken. It's gonna take six weeks for her wrist to heal. She needs to stay here for a couple of days." Xander tells us before my mother and I say our goodbyes and we leave the hospital.

Ariana's POV
I couldn't believe that I let myself get hurt again and my father was furious. Xander was disappointed in himself for not being able to help me. I couldn't even look my father in the eyes.

"Sweetheart, please look at me." I hear my father say and I shake my head as I feel tears in my eyes.

"I can't, dad. Not after this. I can't look at you now. I let you down. Again. I got hurt! Again! I can't stay away from a fight to save my life!" I shout as I look up at the ceiling and he moves closer to me. I move my head and I look into his eyes.

"Ariana, I could never be disappointed in you. You are my only child and someone else could've been hurt. It's gonna be okay, Ariana. It's gonna be okay." He tells me as he wipes a tear from my eyes and I groan in pain. "I'll go get the doctor." I shake my head and he sits back down.

"No, it's okay." I tell him as I close my eyes and I fall asleep. That night, I had a nightmare about the fight at school. The nightmare was one hundred times worse this time and my father shakes me awake because I was screaming. Sweat was dripping down my face and I tried to calm myself down as I look at my father.

"How long have you had these nightmares?" My father asked me and I sigh as I realize that I'm going to have to tell him about the nightmares.

"Since the fight. I never told you because Xander would hear me screaming and he would calm me down. I told him not to tell you because I'm embarrassed by them." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"Sweetheart, you can always come to me and I would never judge you. You're my daughter and I want you to know that you can always come to me. What are the nightmares about?" He asked me and I tell him that they are slightly different from the previous one. Tory and I are back on the stairs at school and I lose every time. She's always better than I am and I get hurt every time.