the moment of truth

When Xander and I arrived at the dojo, Sam was stretching and Robby was punching the bag again

"Maybe we should take a video of us sparring and post it on Instagram." Robby says to her and I cross my arms.

"Everybody already saw us at Valley Fest. No one cared." Sam says to him as I sit down next to her and Xander sits behind me.

"You know what the problem is? Miyagi-Do's all about defense." Robby tells her and I stand up on the wooden deck.

"Defense wins championships. I mean, come on, I know it sucks no one wants to train here, but defense is the most important rule of Miyagi-Do. For defense only. I know you think I'm allowed to say that because I've been competing my whole life." I tell them and Xander nods his head.

"Yeah, but people show up for the offense. That's why Cobra Kai is more popular. All right? We need to show them we can fight too." Robby says to me and I sighed.

"So, what exactly are we supposed to do? Go to the mall and pick a fight? Record us defending ourselves?" Sam asks him as she continues to stretch and I shake my head.

"It's not the worst idea." Robby says as Xander and I run through the Wheel Technique as Sam and Robby continue talking.

"You don't agree with them?" Xander asked me and I shake my head.

"I don't agree with them. It's a terrible idea. I know y'all think I'm so high and mighty just because I've been competing my whole life. Karate is my life, Xander. I never had a dojo and I never had friends before. It was always training with my father and competitions. I loved that life, Xander. I love karate. I just don't like this whole rivalry thing that's going on between the dojos." I tell him as we finish the wheel technique and then we follow Sam into the parking lot of the dojo.

"Hey, dad. Getting the banana boat up and running?" Sam asked him and I tilt my head to see Mr. LaRusso underneath a yellow car.

"I'm trying." Mr. LaRusso stands up and he looks at the four of us.

"Do you maybe wanna come around back? You could teach us some karate." Sam says to her dad and my phone buzzes in my pocket.

"Hey, guys, I've gotta go. My father wants me home for some reason. I'll see you later." They nod their heads as Xander and I grab our things before we left.

🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋