minefields

"So, they stole all your clothes?" I hear Robby ask Kenny and I look up at Xander

"It's getting worse." I whisper to Xander and he nods head as I punch the dummy. "We can't do anything to defend ourselves. He can't do anything to defend himself because they don't want us to fight until the tournament." I whisper to him and I use my signature kick and I land on my feet once again.

"I can't take any more of their crap. I'm ready to use my training." Kenny says as he punches his dummy and I lower my fists.

"What do you think you're gonna do?" Robby asks him and I glance over at them before Xander and I switch spots.

"I'll do what you do. Kick their butts." I watch Kenny as he punches the dummy and I shake my head.

"I got kicked out of school and landed in juvie. I pushed away the only person who was still there for me and I'm still paying for my mistake. Come on, you gotta be smarter than me and your brother." Robby explains to Kenny and he looks over at me. I give him a small smile and he smiles back at me.

"Well, I've gotta do something." Kenny says to him as Sensei Kreese walks over to us.

"Class. Fall in." We all move into the center of the room and I take my spot by Xander. Sensei Kreese and my father stand in front of us.

"Today, we have a very important lesson, don't we, Sensei Silver?" I look over at my father and he looks at me.

"Yes, we do. Weakness." My father says and I glance at Robby and Tory.

"Your opponent's weakness must be exploited whenever possible." Sensei Kreese says to us and I knew what mine was: Robby Keene and Tory Nichols.

"At the tournament, you'll have to recognize that weakness. And make no mistake, we all have one." My father says to us and Tory speaks up.

"Sensei Kreese doesn't." She says to my father and I shake my head.

"Of course he does. We all do." I speak up as Tory, Sensei Kreese, and my father look at me.

"Today, your goal is to find your opponent's weakness and attack it. No points. You hit the mat, you lose. You got it?" My father says to us and we all nod our heads.

"All right, prepare for combat." Sensei Kreese says to us as we take our spots around the mats and I look over at Xander. "Stone and Silver, you're up first! Stone, you're with me. Silver, you are with your father." Sensei Kreese says to us and we nod our heads.