counterbalance

"What are you doing?" My father asked  as I stopped doing Kata and I turned around to look at him

"What are you doing?" My father asked as I stopped doing Kata and I turned around to look at him.

"Kata. Mr. LaRusso showed me how to do it. It clears my mind." I tell him and he nods his head as he enters my room and he sits down on my bed.

"Yeah, I remember that. But, remember "The Quicksilver Method." What's this I'm hearing about you punching a guy in the face at school?" He asked me and I crossed my arms. My phone buzzed on my nightstand and I looked at my phone. "Ariana? Why did you punch this guy in the face?" He asked me as he grabs my phone and he sees the name of the person who texted me.

"His name is Kyler, he was bullying Eli and I punched him in the nose." I tell him and he nods his head.

"Sweetheart...come here. Violence is never the answer. I'm pretty sure Daniel tells you that karate is for defense only, right?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

"Yes, I know. But, he was picking on my friends and I had to defend him, even though we broke up." My phone buzzes again and my father hands me my phone and I see two texts from Robby.

Robby:
Hey, Ari. Whatcha doing tonight?

Ariana:
Just hanging out with my father.

"So, who is Robby? Where do you know him from?" My father asked me as I lock my phone and I look at him.

"He's Johnny Lawrence's son. Johnny is the one who reopened Cobra Kai. I met Robby at Tech Town. Don't really know him that well." I tell him as I give him a small smile and he places his hand on top of mine.

Robby:
How are you doing?

Ariana:
I don't know, Robby. Daniel taught me Kata to clear my mind. I punched a kid at school for picking on my friend. I have no friends here and no one to talk to besides my dad and Mr. LaRusso.

Robby:
You have me. I told you anytime you need me; I'm there for you. I applied to LaRusso Luxury Motors and I have an interview soon.

Ariana:
We'll be work buddies. 😊 You could train with Mr. LaRusso and I. It's been helping me a lot.

"Ariana? Did you forget I was here or something?" My father asked me and I laugh as I look up at him.

"Robby applied for a job at the car dealership and he was just telling me the good news. I need to make more friends, dad. I feel kinda lonely here." I tell him as I twirl my phone in my hands and I sighed. "I only talk to Miguel, Demetri, Eli (on occasion), Mr. LaRusso, Robby and you." I tell him and he sighs as he stands up.