let's begin

After Rico finished the final touches of my tattoo, I smile at the words on my right wrist: Cobra Kai Never Dies

"What is your father going to say when he sees your tattoo?" Rico asked me and I sighed as he dabs my tattoo before I stand up.

"Uh, I don't really know how he'll react to the tattoo. I guess I'm about to find out. Thanks again, Rico. I'll see you around." I tell him as I leave the tattoo shop and I drive back to my house that was on the beach.

When I reached the front door, I could hear my father playing the piano and I walk into the house. I close the door behind me and Xander meets me at the door.

"X, what's going on?" I ask him as he looks down at my right wrist and he smiles at me.

"Nice ink. It suits you and your father. He's been playing for a while now. I'm glad that you're here." Xander tells me as we both walk downstairs to the piano room and we see my father in a red robe. My father's phone buzzes and he stops playing to answer the phone.

"Hello." My father says as we both walk closer to him and the piano.

"Hey. Long time." My father hangs up on the caller and he goes back to playing the piano.

"Dad?" My father stands up and he turns around to look at us.

"Ariana. Xander. I didn't hear you guys come in. Ariana, where have you been?" My father asks me as I go to cross my arms to hide the tattoo, but it was too late. "Let me see it." My father says to me and I walk up to him. I hold out my right arm and he takes my wrist into his hand.

"I got it for us. I know I've been out for awhile because of my concussion, but I do want to go back to Cobra Kai. But, I don't want to go back without you and I definitely don't want to do it behind your back. I respect you and you respect me. Your opinion matters to me. Always." I tell him as he stands up to hug me and I hug him back.

"When did you get so wise, huh?" He teases me as I smile and he looks over at Xander. "Are you still training at Miyagi-Do?" He asked him and he shakes his head.

"Nah, I want to join Cobra Kai with my girlfriend. But, we won't do this without your approval. Was that Sensei John Kreese on the phone?" Xander asked my father and my father backs away from me.

"Yes, it was. I can't deal with him. After the Vietnam War and him saving my life, I can't deal with him." My father tells us and he never talks about his time in the war. We never brought it up and I think he liked the fact that I didn't bring it up. I felt like it would be too painful for him.