the rise

Robby was going to fight Eli in the finals

Robby was going to fight Eli in the finals. Tory and I were fighting in the finals. I was lucky enough that I didn't have to fight Sam at all. Robby beat Demetri in the semifinals and he was unstoppable today. It was a good fight and I sighed because I knew what was coming in the finals. I took a deep breath and Robby walks up to me.

"Hey, are you okay? Do you need me to get your father?" Robby asks me and I shake my head.

"I'm afraid of what's about to happen, Robby. What if Tory wins? What if I lose?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"You can't think this way, Ariana. You know you can win this, you're just losing your focus. I'm gonna get your father." Robby walks over to my father and he says something to him before my father walks up to me. Robby makes his way into the boy's locker room and I look at my father.

"Hey, sweetheart. What's going on in that head of yours? I heard that you're freaking out a little bit. You have fought Tory before and I know you can win. You've got this. You just have to be smarter than her." My father tells me and I nod my head. "Okay, now, let's get back out there and you win this thing! I know it's not helpful to be competing against your own, but she beat Miyagi-Do and you just have to win this to defend your title." My father tells me and we walk back out into the arena to watch Robby and Eli fight.

"Good luck to all of our fighters!" Daryl says as he runs off the mats as my father and Sensei Kreese look at Robby.

"This is it. Time to show LaRusso and your father that you don't need them. That you're strong enough on your own." My father tells him and I look over at Sam and Eli. Sam narrows her eyes at me and I look at my father.

"Dad. I have a question." My father looks at me and I take him off to the side with Daryl.

"What's going on here?" Daryl asks as I sigh and I cross my arms.

"I didn't get to fight Samantha LaRusso and know it's not orthodox, but I want to fight her in the finals. Please. I do not want to have to fight my own dojo. Daryl, please." I say to him and he looks at my father.

"Do you approve of this?" Daryl asks him and he nods his head.

"She didn't have to fight her at all today. I think it would be wise for Sam to be able to fight my daughter. It would be an interesting and fair fight, if you ask me." My father says and I smile.

"Okay, let me go get Mr. LaRusso and his daughter. Just hang on a second." Daryl runs off to get Mr. LaRusso and Sam as my father faces me.

"I'm proud of you for stepping up and wanting to fight her. Now, you know what you have to do. I'll worry about Tory and you just focus on winning, okay?" My father tells me and I nod my head as Daryl comes back with Daniel and Sam.