glory of love

"What about Friday?" Miguel was trying to have a date night with Tory and I smiled

"Can't. Working at the roller rink." Tory says as I look over at them and Xander hits my arm.

"Ouch! What was that for?" I ask him as Tory laughs at us and she looks back at Miguel.

"Great. Let's turn it into a date night." Miguel says to her and Xander and I move closer to join the conversation.

"Let's make it a double date." I say and Tory high fives me.

"Candlelit dinner at the snack bar on my break?" Tory asked him and I love how cute they were being.

"Look, there's nothing more romantic than free hot dogs and chicken nugs." I snicker at them as I move into the splits and I sighed.

"Free? Not for you. You gotta pay up." She says to him as Xander lifts my chin up to kiss me and Hawk makes a gagging sound as he walks by us.

"I'll splurge." Miguel tells her and she tells him to wear a costume because it's '80s night. "One second." Miguel walks up to Hawk and they make us as I shake my head before standing up. Xander stands up too and he stands behind me.

"Everybody, fall in. Today, we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know." Sensei Lawrence says as we stand in rows and Hawk speaks up.

"Where's Sensei Kreese?" Hawk asks and then Stingray says something too.

"Yeah, shouldn't we wait for the sensei emeritus before we get going?" He asked and Sensei Lawrence gives him a look to shut up. "Or not." He says and then Sensei Lawrence goes back to what he was saying.

"Mr. Kreese will no longer be joining us. I made a promise when I became your sensei. To always look out for your best interests. Despite how hard this may be for all of us, he didn't have our best interests at heart. John Kreese may have founded Cobra Kai, but he no longer represents what this dojo stands for. His Cobra Kai was old and outdated. He refused to move forward, what happens when we do that, Miss Silver?" Sensei Lawrence asked me and everyone looks at me because I wasn't there the day they had to make cement.

"Sensei Lawrence, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to get at here." I tell him and Miguel speaks up.

"You get stuck like cement." Miguel tells him and he nods his head.

"Exactly, I need you to be 100 percent committed to Cobra Kai this time, Miss Silver." Sensei Lawrence tells me and I nod my head.

"Yes, sensei. I'm all in." I tell him and he nods his head at me.

"To be a great fighter, you gotta learn how to adapt. This creed on the wall...Follow it to the letter, it'll make you stronger. It'll make you formidable. It will also make you a jerk, which , Ariana, has figured out she doesn't want to do. You guys should follow her example. She doesn't want to fight dirty. She doesn't want to hurt her brothers and sisters of Cobra Kai. 'Cause that's just black paint on a white wall. But life's not black and white. More often than not, it's gray. And it's in those gray areas where Johnny Lawrence's Cobra Kai...sometimes shows mercy. Doesn't mean you can't be badass. It's still a requirement. But you have to learn to think, not just with your gut...or your fists...but to really us this." He says as he points to his head and I smile at him. "Which leads me to today's lesson. Headbutting." Sensei Lawrence says as he breaks a wooden board on his forehead and I shake my head as I look down on my black Onyx nails with tiny red Cobras on them.

"You can't be serious." I mutter to myself as Xander and I do the lesson and then we watch everyone do it.

🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋

Later that evening, we go to the Cascade Roller Rink and we see Sam there with Robby.

"Oh, is our little Sammy out on a date?" I ask her in a teasing tone and she nods her head. "Hey, don't worry, Sam. I won't tell your father. I'm glad you're dating Robby now because I always had a feeling he had a crush on you." I tell her and she smiles at me.

"Thanks, Ariana. Y'all look amazing. So, how's training going?" Sam asks me and I sighed.

"We don't have to talk about that, Sam, I definitely don't want to talk about what we did today. Headbutting, that was the lesson today." I say as we all start to laugh and Xander wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"I'm starving. Oh, excuse me. Can we get some menus?" Sam says as she stops Tory and I knew this wasn't going to end well for Sam.

"Well, look who it is. You came with Xander and Ariana?" She asked us and I shook my head. I didn't want to be caught up in the middle of their drama.

"I,um...I didn't know you worked here." Sam says to her and that was my cue to scoot Xander and I away from the drama before we got involved. I did not want to get involved.

"Man, do all the kids just hate everyone in this town? First, you and Hawk. Second, Tory and Sam. Now I get why you got us out of there, you didn't want to be caught in the crossfire." Xander says as I laugh and we get our skates before we went onto the rink.

"I just don't get it. I think it was because Sam accused her of stealing her mom's wallet or when Tory started to date Miguel. Anyway, it's done of my business and I don't want it to become my business." We skate around the rink a few times, Robby and Sam get onto the rink before Sam's skate broke and they went off the rink. Xander and I continued to skate until we decided to call it a night and we both went home. I get a notification from Instagram and I opened it to see a video and Tory pushing Sam and then Sam pushes Tory. She dropped the plates of fries she was carrying and she fell to the ground. Miguel helped her up as Robby and Sam were kicked out of the rink. I locked my phone and I shook my head as I looked into our swimming pool when my father came out to talk to me.

"So, how was the rink?" He asked me as I placed my feet into the water and I shook my head.

"It was good. It was what I saw on Instagram. Tory and Sam got into it and I'm glad that I'm staying away from the drama. Miyagi-Do hates Cobra Kai. Cobra Kai hates Miyagi-Do. But, I'm glad I stayed there. I'm just going to focus on my training." I tell him and he smiles at me as Xander comes. We talk until midnight and then we all go to bed for the night.