Roger and Rayleigh

.

.

.

.

.

.

''Hey, Shakky! I'm back!'' Rayleigh shouted. ''Oh, welcome back Ray-san. That was sooner than I expected. I'm impressed that you guys manage to find him.'' ''Hachi's been seriously hurt. We need to get him to bed.'' ''What happened? This is bad, I'll get a bed ready right away!''

''O-san, you said you had something to tell me afterward,'' Luffy said. 

''EHHHHH?! On the pirate king's ship?!'' Luffy shouted. ''Yes, I'm Silvers Rayleigh, the ship's vice-captain. Nice to meet you.'' ''VICE-CAPTAIN?!'' ''Ara? You didn't notice?'' Robin said. ''I know his name so well!'' Usopp said crying. ''It's in so many books!'' Nami said while crying.

''It's definitely a name everyone hears at least once,'' Sanji said in shock. ''Gold Roger . . . I seem to vaguely recall a rookie named that long ago, I'm not sure,'' Brook said. ''How does such a big-shot and an octopus know each other?'' Zoro said.

''Hachi rescued me over 20 years ago, when I was stranded in the sea,'' Rayleigh said. ''Then that means Saori is the granddaughter of the Vice-captain of the Pirate King?!'' Usopp said in disbelief. ''EHHHH?!'' ''No, not by blood,'' I said, calmly.

''Oh ok . . . . . I MEAN HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM?! YOU LITERALLY HAVE A MONSTER AS YOUR JI-CHAN!!!'' Usopp and Nami shouted while Rayleigh and I laughed. ''STOP LAUGHING!'' They shouted again. 

''Still . . . Even though Gold Roger was executed 22 years ago, you didn't get your head chopped off for being a vice-captain? The navy caught the entire crew didn't they?'' Sanji asked. 

''We weren't caught. Roger turned himself in,'' Rayleigh said. 

''HUHHHH?!'' They all shouted except me who smiled. 

''The government might have made it sound like they had caught him as a way to show it's power though.'' ''The Pirate King turned himself in? Why?'' Nami asked.

 ''Because we saw an end to our journey. About four years before the day of his public execution, Roger caught a fatal illness. Not even Roger could avoid the suffering that this terminal, incurable disease brought. But, one man with the skill could ease his suffering, a man at the Twin Capes named Crocus, who was the most respected lighthouse keeper and a doctor in the sea. We asked for his help and brought him on our ship as our ship doctor for our final voyage. Finally three years later, while managing to escape death, Roger achieved what was said to be impossible, he conquered the Grand Line,'' Rayleigh said.

''C-c-crocus-san? At the Twin Capes?! Oh, that brings back memories.'' Brook shouted. ''Huh? That old guy wasn't there for 50 years straight? He was a member of the Pirate King's crew?!'' Usopp asked. ''Come to think of it, he did mention being a ship's doctor for a few years. So he was a pirate for those three years, then?!'' Nami said.