Saori's Backstory Revealed!

.

.

.

.

.

.

It has been a few weeks since I've joined the Roger Pirates, well temporarily. Anyways, I got along with everyone well and we had so much fun together. 

Today was a peaceful day with the Roger Pirates and I want to ask Roger about something that has been on my mind for a while now. I went out to the deck and saw Roger looking out to the sea. I stand beside Roger and he turned his head to look at me.

''Oh, Saori? What are you doing here?'' Roger asked me.

''Nothing, I just want to ask you something,'' I replied.

''What is it?'' Roger said and I sighed. ''It's about my father. You've fought with him right?'' 

''Yeah, what about it?'' Roger said. ''I want to know what he's like,'' I said and Roger sighed. 

''Well, he's a cruel and strong man. He wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone who gets in his way even children. He wanted to become the strongest pirate in the world. That's why I don't like him and the reason he became my rival.,'' Roger said and I frowned. 

''I see. . .'' I said sadly but Roger ruffled my hair and smiled at me. 

''But there's also one reason why I respect him. He cares about his nakama, the people close to him, and the people who he considered important to him.'' I smiled widely and looked at him with stars in my eyes. ''Really? I wish I could meet him. . .but he's gone. . .'' 

Roger wiggled his eyebrows in confusion at my frowning face. He sighed and put his hand on my shoulder. He smiled widely at me and his eyes sparkled, ''Now, don't be sad. . .Be happy!''

''Uhh. . .yes, yes,'' I sweatdropped at his attempt to cheer me up. I then yawned and Roger said, ''You seem tired, go take a nap.'' I nodded my head in response and went to the guest room.

I lied down on the bed and slowly started to fall asleep.

*Flashback*

''Okaa-san! I made a flower crown for you! Do you like it?'' a young Saori asked her mother. ''Of course, it's really beautiful. Thank you, Saori!'' Satomi smiled at her daughter and picked her up. 

Saori smiled and hugged her mother in response. ''Oh yeah, Okaa-san, I want to ask you something.'' ''Hm? What is it, Saori?''  ''When is Otou-san gonna come back to visit us? I've never met him before and I want to meet him!'' Satomi looked away sadly and frowned.

Satomi sighed and sat down on the chair with Saori on her lap. 

''Saori, you're seven years old now. I think it's time I tell you the truth.'' ''Huh? What truth?'' ''Your dad was a pirate and since he was really bad, they had to kill him-'' Saori cut her mother off, ''So, he died?'' Satomi widened her eyes in shock.

''Yeah. . .'' Saori frowned and felt tears come out of her eyes. 

''I've always wanted to meet him but why did he have to die? I thought you told me that he was really strong and no one could defeat him. . .'' Satomi sighed, ''It seems like other strong people team up and managed to defeat him.''

Saori got up from her mother's lap and hugged her. Satomi returned the hug while Saori cried. ''I want to see him, Okaa-san!'' ''Me too, Saori. Me too. . .'' Satomi frowned and tears slipped down from her eyes but she quickly wipe them off.

*Satomi's flashback*

A pregnant Satomi was hugging her husband who was none other than Rocks .D. Xebec. 

''Do you really have to go, Xebec?'' Satomi looked sadly at him. ''Satomi, I'm a pirate. I would bring you with me but you're pregnant. It's dangerous,'' Xebec said. ''Yeah, I know.''

''But no matter what happens to me, just take care of yourself and our daughter for me. I just want the both of you to be happy, okay? I love you both very much,''  Xebec smiled. ''I love you too, but what will her name be?'' Satomi asked and Xebec smiled widely.

''Saori!''

*End of Satomi's flashback*

Satomi pick up Saori and smiled at her. ''But even then, you still have me. I will always love you, Saori!'' Saori wiped her tears and smiled and hugged her mother. ''I love you too, Okaa-san.''

It's been a few months and Saori has been really happy with her mother but it seems like happiness doesn't really last long for Saori.

Satomi was cooking dinner for Saori while she was reading a book in her room. Saori suddenly heard gunshot sounds and ran to the kitchen where her mother was.

''Okaa-san, what was that sound?'' Saori asked and more gunshot sounds were heard. Saori started to panic and Satomi carried her. 

''Let's check outside,'' Satomi said and they both widened their eyes in terror when they went outside of their house.

Their once called 'Yorokobi Island' because it was so peaceful was now being invaded by pirates. And they were not just any pirates, they were pirates whom Satomi knew so well.

Satomi hugged Saori protectively and looked at the Captain of those pirates in disbelief. ??? haven't noticed Satomi and her daughter yet.

They were also notorious pirates and everyone would feel a shiver down their spine every time they heard about that certain pirate.

They were the 'Big Mom Pirates!'

.

.

.

.

.

.

''Mama mama! Where are you, Satomi!'' Big mom laughed.