Chapter 2

Today is the day. October 8th. The day Steve wakes up and tries to run away from S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters building but is stopped by Nick Fury himself in Times Square.

Sighing as I put on my coat, I trudged towards the kitchen seeing Fergus with a blue apron, "Morning, sleepy head." He greeted, as I huffed and sat down.

"Morning, early birds." I replied as if on cue Ian and James entered the kitchen, "We have to hurry." James said and grabbed a toast.

"I can take you there." I said as they looked at me, "Really?" Ian asked, his eyes brightened.

"Uh-huh." I replied as we began to eat our breakfast.

Later on, standing in the living room, "Now, hold hands." I said, hearing them grunt as they held each other's hands.

Laughing at their reaction, the three of them looked at me, "What?" they asked in unison, "I was just kidding." I said as I concentrated on what the outside of the headquarters looked like based on the movie I watched.

Seconds later, we were already outside the facility, "Damn." Ian mumbled, "Thank you, Via." James said, "No problem." I replied, "Now, on your way, agents. Captain Rogers will wake up soon. Remember what I told you." I said as I turned away from them.

"Where are you going?" Fergus asked, "Times Square." I replied, looking at him over my shoulder, earning a confused look from him, chuckling at his reaction as I shrugged my shoulders, walked away and teleported.

"The City that Never Sleeps." I mumbled and walked around the busy street of New York. Looking down at my wrist watch as my feet brought me to Times Square.

Leaning my back at the post, waiting for something to happen.

Seconds later, the something I've been waiting for is in the middle of the street. A man with blonde hair, blue eyes, wearing a white shirt, light brown trousers and brown shoes.

The man out of time. Captain America in flesh. Steven Grant Rogers.

Clicking my tongue in disapproval, "Those dumbasses didn't listen to me." I whispered, six black cars surrounded him.

"At ease, soldier!" Fury said as I mumbled the words he was saying. Fury approached him with his all black outfit and his iconic eye patch.

"Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but we thought it best to break it to you slowly." he said, I scoffed, rolling my eyes and shaking my head.

"Break what?" Steve asked, still breathless from his run, confusion and lost dancing in his eyes, "You've been asleep, Cap. For almost 70 years." Fury replied as I mumbled the exact same words, smiling remembering how my brother influenced me watching this movie.

And now seeing it happening in front of me, I bet he'll freak out and hyperventilate.

I bet Captain Rogers is disappointed there weren't any flying cars yet.

Laughing at my thought, "You gonna be okay?" Fury asked, Steve looked around, "Yeah. Yeah. I just... I had a date." Steve replied as my smile instantly disappeared.

Exhaling a breath as I stand up.

Priorities.

"What the hell am I even thinking?" I mumbled, chuckling as I shook my head, "Stupid soulmate thing." I mumbled, rolling my eyes and sighed.

Feeling my wrist itch, my eyes widened.

"No." I said as I looked at Steve, he was holding his forearm, desperately looking around. Fury asked him something but he ignored it, continued to look around, and began to walk.