Chapter 9

WARNING: DEATH

"Who sent you?" James asked, grabbing the collar of the man.

Standing at the side, leaning my back on the wall as Fergus, Ian, and James interrogate the man.

Ian punched his stomach, earning a grunt from him, "No one will hear you, that means we can do whatever we want to you unless you cooperate with us." he said in a deep serious voice with a smile on his face.

Looking at them right now, they look like a completely different person, a dangerous one.

"Will you speak or I'll cut your tongue." Fergus said, flipping a dagger as the man continued to be quiet.

Sighing as I approached them, "I'll try." I said as James raised his eyebrow, looking at Ian giving him a shrug, as he stepped aside.

"Can I borrow that?" I asked, pertaining to the dagger Fergus is holding, Fergus nodded and handed it to me, "Be careful." He said, "I know how to handle such things." I said.

"You've been following me for the past few days." I started and slowly approached him, "I thought I was just being delusional. But it turns out I'm not." I added, looking directly at his eyes.

"I don't want to dirty this beautiful thing." I continued as fear danced in his eyes, "Now, I value thy privacy so much. But you leave me with no choice." I said as I pointed the dagger to his throat.

"I just performed tracheotomy earlier, do you want to know what I did?" I asked, running the tip of the dagger to his throat.

Pointing it directly on his trachea, "I split open her throat, opening her trachea to let her breath, but I can do the opposite to you." I said, smiling at him.

"Would you like to experience it? Free of charge." I said as he shook his head.

Dragging the dagger under his chin as he trembles under the cold metal, leaning towards him and placing my knee between his legs.

Lifting his face using the dagger, "Look me in my eyes." I mumbled, softly as he eventually looked at me and our eyes met.

Lifting my fingers as I read his memory, furrowing my eyebrows as one logo caught my attention the most.

Sighing as I took a step back, "HYDRA." I said as the three of them stiffen, "How?" James asked, looking at the man.

"Someone caught me teleporting." I answered as the three of them sighed, "Wait, you can simply read his mind, why didn't you do that earlier?" Ian asked, shrugging my shoulders.

"And waste your efforts making him talk?" I asked as they nodded their heads, chuckling at them, "Now, HYDRA is looking for me. Goddamn it." I said, "Fuck." I mumbled as James patted my shoulders.

"We'll protect you. You have my word, Via." He said as I smiled at him, "We will too. You have our word." Fergus and Ian said in unison, "Thank you. Truly. I'm honored to receive your protection." I replied as they smiled at me.

"What will we do to him?" I asked, "He's been affiliated with HYDRA. Either we surrender him to S.H.I.E.L.D. or kill him." He said, raising my eyebrow and tilting my head to the side.

"Kill him?" I asked as the three of them looked at me, James sighed, "If we give him to S.H.I.E.L.D., they will know about you and in a matter of time they will bring you in for interrogation." He said as I nodded my head.

"I'll do it." I said as they looked at me, "You will?" Ian asked with disbelief in his tone, "Yeah." I replied, looking at them, James was smirking while Fergus and Ian looked at me with their jaws dropping.