Chapter 25

Morning transitioned into night, stars littered the sky decorating it beautifully as they shine and glow accordingly. Tucking my hands inside my pocket, the wind grew colder as the night deepened. Sighing as my stomach protests from the lack of food.

As I continue to walk around, looking at every colorful sign lit above the different stores I passed by. Reaching further down my pocket, mentally scolding myself for not bringing some cash, not even a dime found in my pockets – only my phone resting comfortably inside.

Exhaling a breath, as I ignored my hunger – I could have just gone back to the tower, teleported back but I don't feel coming back yet. Maybe a few more minutes or hours will do.

As I was about to cross the street, a hand reached out and held my coat. Jolting, looking down, seeing a little girl dressed in a pink dress with some accent of white, lace at the end of her sleeves paired with a white close shoes, her blonde hair styled in pigtails.

Her olive skin, round face with big round blue eyes, rosy cheeks and heart-shaped lips – what a cute little human being. Crouching down matching her height, "Are you lost?" I asked, as she smiled and shook her head.

"Where are your parents?" I asked, "My father said he will just go to his work but he never came back. My mother is sick and my brother gave me some money to buy mom some medicine." She answered, "I'm sorry. I was just too scared to cross, that's why I unconsciously held onto you." She added, her voice shaking slightly.

"It's okay, young one. How about I accompany you?" I offered, seeing her eyes lit up with gratitude. Lips stretching into a smile, showing some of her crooked teeth. "But my brother said that I should not talk to strangers." She replied, "Hmm." I said, placing a hand on my chin.

Smiling as I offered my hand to her, "I'm Rivia. What's your name?" I asked as she shyly accepted my hand, her soft little hands shaking mine. "I'm Yanmarie. But you can call me Yannie." She answered.

"Nice meeting you, Yannie. So, shall we buy your mother her medicine?" I asked as she nodded her head, offering my hand, she quickly rested hers in mine as I stood up. As if in cue, the signal changed, we crossed the street together.

"Do you know where to buy the medicine?" I asked as she nodded her head, "Around the corner. Over there." She replied as we continued our way headed towards the store. Minutes passed by and we reached the said store, Yannie let go of my hand and ran towards it as she tiptoed and went inside.

Following her, entering the store, "Yannie, hello dear. How's your mom?" A woman asked, wearing a flower-patterned shirt, a black sunglasses sitting on her nose. A gentle smile on her wrinkled face, "Hi, Rikki. Mom is doing good. Although she's sick right now, she'll be okay." She replied with a smile.

As the woman finally noticed me, "How may I help you dear?" She asked as I approached them, "The beautiful lady helped me cross the street." Yannie answered, my eyes slightly widened at the unexpected compliment.

The woman chuckled and gave Yannie a small paper bag, "Thank you." She said as I smiled at her. "No problem." I replied as she looked back at Yannie, "Don't forget to say thanks to her." She reminded the young child, the latter excitedly nodded her head, said her thanks and waved goodbye to the woman.

Walking beside Yannie as I decided to accompany her to their house, "How old are you?" I asked, "6 years old." She answered, smiling remembering Claude. As we reached their house, Yannie gave me a shell hair clip as her thanks for helping her.

Making my way back to the tower, walking in the alleyway, hearing footsteps on my back. I continued as I listened and alert my body to any sudden attack. Exhaling a breath, taking a sharp turn and hiding myself behind the bin, silently waiting for whoever's following me.