Chapter 37

Letting them to freshen up, calming themselves from their troubled minds. Gabrielle quietly scolded me and now treating the injury on my back.

"You know you should take care of yourself more. Those three will kill me plus your soulmates, they'll easily squish me like a bug." He said, shutting my eyes hard, preventing any sound from escaping as he wrapped my body with bandages.

"They won't if you don't tell them." I replied, hearing him sigh, "Using your powers takes a toll on your body, Vi. You know that. Please, be careful." He countered, worriedly. Choosing not to reply, Gabrielle sighed again as he stood up.

"There's some clothes I put there." He said, pointing at the chair, "Change and come down or you won't get to see me alive in the next few minutes." He added, chuckling at what he said as he left.

Exhaling a sigh as I looked out the window, staring as the sun slowly disappeared below the horizon. The silky, smooth collusion of skyburst reds and yellows.

After changing, I went down to the living room where I found my soulmates and Gabrielle sitting on the couch, glaring daggers at him as they shot questions after questions at him.

"Enough. He's a friend of mine. He's also an Agent." I said, earning all of their attention, "Yeah, just recognized him." Natasha said, leaning her head to Bruce's shoulders, the latter wrapping his arm on her waist pulling her closer to him.

"What's your relationship with her?" Steve asked, rolling my eyes as Gabrielle looked at me.

"Don't look at her. She's not gonna help you, answer us." Tony said, Clint leaning towards Steve. Exhaling a sigh, "She's like a little sister to me. I have already met my soulmate." He replied.

"And where is she?" Tony asked, wandering his eyes around the house, "I don't see anyone besides you." He added.

"He's dead." Gabrielle deadpanned, an awkward silence engulfing the room, "Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ." I mumbled, shaking my head and massaging my temples.

"Are you satisfied?" I asked, Tony looked at him sympathetically while Gabrielle forced a smile and excused himself.

"I'm sorry, bunny. I was just jealous over the boys knowing you first before us." Tony said, sitting between him and Steve, placing my hand to his face.

"No one would dare and foolishly get me, love. I'm all yours." I muttered, kissing him on the cheek. Tony smiled as he grabbed me, letting me sit on his lap, wrapping his arms on my waist and hugging me. My arms encircled his neck and buried his face against my neck.

My soulmates moved closer to us as I hummed a satisfied sigh, feeling them close to me. Safe from any danger and problems.

As night quickly came, Fury met us in the kitchen. Moving around like he owns the place, I glanced at Gabrielle as our eyes met, he just shrugged his shoulders and continued listening to them.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked, leaning my head on Natasha's shoulder, she placed a quick kiss on my head, pulling the chair closing to her.

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though." Fury answered, grabbing a glass and pouring some juice in it.

Throwing a dart, "He still going after launch codes?" Tony asked, "Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway." Fury replied.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony said as our eyes met, sending me a wink looking all smug, silently laughing at his boastfulness.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that." Fury stated, "NEXUS?" Steve asked, looking at him.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." Bruce stated, earning Steve's attention, "So what'd they say?" Clint asked.