Chapter 3

Saying my goodbye to them as they waved back at me, I was about to leave when Claude called me.

"Via!" He called as I faced him, smiling at him as I waited for him and crouching down to match his height. 

"You'll visit again, right?" He asked as my smile widened, nodding my head, "Yes, I will." I replied, earning a smile from him and my eyes widened as he hugged me.

"Come back soon." He mumbled, tightening his hug to me, patting his back as Sister EL called for him, "I will, Claude. I promise." I said as he gave me a light peck on my cheeks.

Giggling at him as he ran back but now before seeing a faint blush on his cheeks, "Cute." I whispered as he looked back once again and waved at me.

Sighing as I began to walk, looking down at my wrist watch it was already quarter to seven, with the kids and Sister EL insisting that I have dinner with them, I agreed as they all screamed excitedly.

Smiling at the memory, feeling someone following me, I sighed and discreetly looked over my shoulder.

A man wearing a black hoodie, a mask covering his face was closely following me. As I continued to walk at the dark alley, taking a sharp turn to the left I teleported above the building.

Looking down as the man turned, he halted looking around looking for me, shaking my head as I walked away and teleported in front of the house.

Lights were already on indicating that someone is inside, pressing the doorbell, seconds later, the door opened with James wearing a pink apron.

"Pink? Really?" I asked as he looked down, "What's wrong with wearing pink?" He asked as I shook my head and went inside.

"You're right above Captain Rogers." He said as I shrugged off my coat and hung it at the coat stand, "Of course, I am." I said, "I saw what happened at the Time Square." I added as James looked at me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You did?" He asked as I nodded my head, "How?" He asked, "I was strolling nearby." I answered as he continued to cook, "Where's Ian and Fergus?" I asked, "Mission." He simply answered as I nodded my head.

"Where were you?" He asked, "Orphanage." I replied as he looked at me over his shoulder, "Don't ask me, my feet brought me there." I said, earning a chuckle from him.

"Dinner?" He asked, placing lasagna on the table, his eyes widened as he sat down, looking intently at me, raising my eyebrow as I fetched a plate and put some lasagna on my plate.

"What?" I asked, placing a spoonful of lasagna in my mouth, "Your eyes and hair." He said as I coughed, James immediately stood up and grabbed a glass, quickly pouring some water and handing it to me.

Accepting it as I swallowed the food, "I know, I was shocked at first seeing it. I swear, I didn't do something." I said as he furrowed his eyebrows, "Maybe because of your powers." He said as I nodded my head.

"Maybe." I mumbled as we continued to eat.

Wearing a black shirt tucked in shorts and plaid long sleeve blouse, tying my hair in a half bun and putting on my combat boots. I went downstairs, seeing Ian and Fergus sitting at the couch.

I marched towards them and gasped seeing cuts on their faces, arms, and legs.

"Why didn't you call me?" I asked as both of them looked at me, "We don't want to disturb you." Ian replied, rolling my eyes as I sat on the center table.