Chapter 19

Opening my eyes, seeing the unfamiliar ceiling above, grunting as I roamed my eyes around, exhaling a breath as I slowly got up.

Instantly realizing where I was. I was inside the infirmary of the helicarrier.

Sitting up as the door opened, squinting my eyes as he approached me and handed a pill to me.

"Who are you?" I asked, "I'm Neron." He answered and looked at me, gasping as our eyes met, my eyes automatically sting seeing he has the exact same face of Abel.

"Abel?" I muttered, furrowing his eyebrows, covering my mouth as I looked away and my tears continued to stream down my face.

"I'll leave the pill and water here. Make sure to take it." He said and left.

Swallowing a lump in my throat, gripping my head as it began to feel dizzy.

Getting up, I went inside the bathroom. Staring at my reflection, my hair was all messed up, my eyes were red and puffy from crying and my complexion was pale.

Tightly gripping both sides of the sink, feeling pain surged through my head, as I moaned and hissed at the pain.

Lifting my head up and staring back at my reflection.

Stop being weak, Rivia.

Standing up, I marched towards the table, swallowed the pill and drank the water. Exhaling a breath as I nodded my head, I looked and aimlessly walked around.

Feeling an itch on my soulmark, I let my feet drag me where my instinct pointed me.

Seeing a lab and hearing voices inside, I silently entered as they continued to argue, my eyes found the scepter noticing it was glowing brightly.

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?" Steve asked, "Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." Tony replied.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. Yeah, I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you." Steve stated, "I think I would just cut the wire." Tony responded as Steve smiled.

"Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero." Steve said, "A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle!" Tony said and took a step forwards towards Steve.

"Put on the suit, let's go for a few rounds." Steve hissed, Thor laughs at them, "You people are so petty... and tiny." He said.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner back to his..." Bruce interrupts Fury, "Where? You rented my room." He said.

"The cell was just in case..." Bruce again interrupts Fury, "In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried! I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" Bruce said as he slowly gets upset and looks at Natasha.

"Enough!" I shouted, balling my fist and silence engulfed the room, "Excuse me, who the hell are you? And what are you doing here?" Nick Fury asked.

Looking at him, "Nicholas Joseph Fury Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I don't believe we have the pleasure of meeting." I said as they looked at me with wide eyes.

"Not all people address me by my full name, not even my mother. How did you know me?" He asked, "I just know." I simply replied as Tony and Nat quickly marched towards me.