Chapter 10

Slowly opening my eyes as the sun directly hits my face, grunting as I cover my face with my hands, "There she is." Fergus said, hearing rushed footsteps nearing me.

"We were so worried about you, we thought HYDRA got you." Ian said as I got up and he hugged me tightly.

"Rough night." James commented, as he looked at the cans of beer beside me, "Didn't you know you're a heavy drinker." He added, chuckling at what he said.

"Me too." I mumbled, earning a series of laughter from them, my eyes widened as I tightly held on Fergus' shoulder as he scooped me and they went inside while Fergus was carrying me.

"I can walk." I said as James and Ian shook their heads, rolling my eyes at them as they descended the stairs, "I'm heavy." I added, "You are?" Fergus asked, screaming as he playfully threw me up, hearing chuckles from James and Ian.

"I believe you are not. How much do you weigh? I feel like I'm carrying a feather." Fergus asked, "Asking a woman how much she weighs is an offensive question." I replied, "Really?" He asked, tilting his head to the side and continued to descend the stairs.

"That's why the beers were all gone." Ian said, giving him a sheepishly smile, "I surrender myself. Guilty of the accusation, Your Honor." I said as they shook their heads with smiles on their faces.

Later on as Fergus placed me down on the chair of the dining table, the aroma of food instantly came through me like a tsunami, Ian placed a soup in front of me, saying my thanks to him.

James then placed an aspirin beside the bowl, saying my thanks to him as he ruffled my hair, seconds later, the three of them joined me as we began our breakfast.

Feeling refreshed after I took a shower, wearing a black pair of jeans, black crop top, and black slippers.

Sitting on the bed as I don't know what to do today especially that HYDRA is looking for me. Sighing as I plopped down on my bed.

"What the hell am I going to do today?" I mumbled as my phone rang, furrowing my eyebrows as I reached for it, an unknown number was calling me.

Pressing the answer button, placing it on my ear, "Via." My eyes widened hearing Claude's voice, "Claude." I said, "How did you get my number?" I asked, "I saw you gave your number to Sister EL, I borrowed it and called you." He replied as I smiled.

"I miss you, Via. When are you going to visit again?" He asked, "I miss you too, Claude. I'm having a situation right now where I can't visit you, but I will soon, okay?" I said, "Okay." He replied.

I can't afford to drag Claude or the orphanage in my own mess.

Hours passed by as Claude and I continued to talk and eventually Sister Cristine caught him, Sister Cristine and I talked for a few minutes before we bid our goodbye and ended the call.

Looking at the time, it was already lunch, I went downstairs, furrowing my eyebrows as the house was quiet.

Heading towards the kitchen, a note posted at the fridge, approaching it and reading the message.

We have a mission. We'll go back after this. Be careful. -J

Smiling at the note as I opened the fridge, grabbing butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and flour. I started to make a batter for the madeleine, after minutes of mixing the ingredients, grabbing the pan, mixing melted butter and a pinch of flour, coating the pan with it.