Chapter 21

"You need men in these buildings. There are people inside and they're going to be running right into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Steve informed the police.

"Why the hell should I take orders from you?" The police asked, rolling my eyes, suddenly, an explosion came up from behind Steve. An energy blast is blocked by his shield. Two Chitauri attacked.

The cops watched in shock as Steve fought them off with ease. Teleporting towards the back of the Chitauri and slicing his neck, "Just do what he says boys." I said as Steve looked at me, giving him a wink.

The Sergeant turns to his officers, "I need men in those buildings. Lead the people down and away from the streets. We're going to set up a perimeter all the way down to 39th street." He said.

Steve walked towards me and patted my head, smiling at him, "Good job, soldier." I said as he chuckled.

Attacking a few Chitauri soldiers nearby, teleporting us back to Clint, Nat, and Loki. Joining them as I repeatedly teleported behind the Chitauri soldiers. Slicing their neck, some beheading them and stabbing their nervous system.

Lightning strikes down from the sky, channeling the blast, firing the electricity out at the Chitauri soldiers around us. Blasted back in a massive shockwave, the Chitauri soldiers convulse, drop dead to the ground as Thor touches down.

"Brother." He warned, looking intently at Loki. "He means no harm, Thor. He's here to help." I interfered. Thor approached me, grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it.

"I'm glad you're awake and well, Lady Rivia." He said as I smiled at him, "I'm glad to see you, Thor." I replied as he gave me a smile.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked, "The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor replied, "Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys." Tony said, flying above us.

"How do we do this?" Nat asked, "As a team." Steve and I replied in unison. Thor looked at Loki, "I still have unfinished business with you." He said and pointed at Loki.

"Yeah, get in line." Clint remarked, "Save it." Steve said. "Do you know who that guy is?" I asked as Thor shook his head. "He's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." the sound of the small motorbike interrupts Steve.

Smiling seeing Bruce arrive and getting off, he looked around the city and approached us.

"Bruce." I said and teleported in front of him, his eyes widened as I engulfed him with a hug.

"Are you okay? Any injuries?" I asked as he shook his head, grabbing his hand and teleporting us back to them, "So, this all seems horrible." Bruce stated.

"I've seen worse." I replied, "Sorry." Bruce said, "Nah, we could use a little worse." I continued, "Besides, I miss Hulk." I said, earning a chuckle from Bruce.

"Stark? We got him." Steve said, "Bruce?" Tony asked, "Just like you said." Steve added, "Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony replied.

Tony comes out from behind a building with the Leviathan follows, impatiently.

"I... I don't see how that's a party..." Nat said, hesitatingly. Looking at Bruce, "Now's your time to shine, baby." I whispered as he smiled at me and walked towards the monster.

"Bruce, now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve said, "That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry." Bruce replied and his body started to swell, stretch, and harden.