Epilogue

It was already morning when I woke up to an unfamiliar place. My body lacked strength, yet I didn't feel any pain. Suddenly, some faces came into my view. It was strange and oddly bright. 

When I fully opened my eyes, the people looking at me made a noticeable fuss. While I was puzzled about what's going on. 

I couldn't bring myself to open my mouth, so I blinked instead. I wanted to talk, but my voice couldn't come through clearly. 

My voice seems hoarse. I took my time to become aware of my situation. My head became dizzy as I organized my thoughts. 

After a few days, the condition of my neck had significantly improved. I was finally able to open my mouth but I decided to not let a single sound out. 

Maids come in everyday to attend to what I need, prepare my meals from breakfast to dinner, prepare and help me bathe, prepare my clothes, basically everything. 

Although the maids encourage me to go out and stroll in the garden. I choose to sit near the big window where I can view the well-maintained garden. Different kinds and colors of flowers and plants were neatly arranged and planted in their own respected spaces. 

Wandering my eyes around the big luxurious room the feeling of being relentless is always around, it never disappeared every time I woke up. 

I feel so empty and unconsciously my hand went on my wrist, caressing it as my eyes followed my action. But only an empty canvas of pale skin like snow was all I could see. As my eyes linger there, a feeling like something was missing the more I stare longer. 

Ignoring it as I avert my eyes away, looking back at the garden. Birds and butterflies were flying flower to flower. Leaning my head to the chair as I slowly close my eyes. 

Fuzzy scenarios began flashing on my mind, snapping my eyes open as a sound reached my ear. A maid came in and bowed. 

"Excuse me, Miss. Sorry to disturb you, Sir Frederick has returned from his deployment."

Looking at her as she approached me, other maids entered and prepared my clothes as she helped me stand up, took my clothes off, carefully and gently helped me wear the dress the maids selected. 

Sitting in front of the mirror as the maid softly brushes my long jet black hair. My electric blue eyes staring at my reflection with such indifferent expression.

"She's so beautiful."

"She ages like a fine wine."

"She is not very fond of talking but I believe she's the most beautiful woman I've seen."

"I'm sure Sir Frederick misses her so much."

"I heard they're inseparable."

"Both of them are so lucky to have each other."

 "I heard Sir Frederick wants to come back after he heard what happened to Miss."

Listening to them talk while I keep my mouth shut and an emotionless face, their eyes sparkled every time they mentioned his name. Gashing how handsome, regal, brave, gallant, and kind he was. 

After the preparation, the maids left as a butler entered my room. 

"Good afternoon Miss, Sir Frederick is here to see you."

The door slowly opened and a man walked inside. Indeed he was regal enough to mistake him with such authority. His tan skin clad in expensive clothes and his black hair neatly styled. 

Defined cheekbones, chiseled jawline, hawkish nose, thin eyebrows, and sea rover-blue almond shaped eyes. Every woman would die just to see the man standing in front of me.