Chapter 8

Plopping down on the bed, exhaling a sigh as I remembered what happened earlier.

He'll surely now find me in every nook and cranny in this world.

Reaching for my phone, pressing the calendar app, April 15th was the date today, sighing as my anxiety once again spiked up.

Jolting as someone knocked on my door, hearing it open, "Via, would you like to come with me?" James asked, lifting my head up, furrowing my eyebrows as I looked at him confusingly, "Where to?" I asked.

"Just come with me." He said as I squinted my eyes, standing up as I fixed my hair and followed him.

"Remind me why I blindly followed you again." I said as we approached a coffee shop.

What's with me and coffee shops these days.

Sighing as I followed him, "Well, I was originally planning to bring you outside. You look like you need some fun." He said, shaking my head and chuckling at what he said, "This will not take hours, I promise. Agent Coulson asked for an agent nearby, and I happened to be one." He added, mumbling the last line as I came to a halt.

My eyes widened hearing what he said, "Via?" He asked, looking at me, shaking my head as I looked at him, "Go on, do your thing. I'll just sit nearby." I said as he nodded his head, opened the door letting me enter first as he followed afterwards.

As my eyes quickly found Coulson, averting my eyes away as I sat on an empty table nearby.

"Sir." James said, sitting in front of him, "I see, you brought someone." He said as our eyes met, "A distant relative." James replied as Coulson nodded his head, they began their conversation as I roamed my eyes around, observing and watching everyone.

"Hurry! Bring a doctor! Quick!" Someone shouted, earning everyone's attention. I quickly stood up and ran towards the noise.

"Please let me through!" I said as everyone parted, a man holding an elderly on the floor, panicked in his eyes.

"Don't panic. I'm a doctor. What happened?" I asked, "Grandma and I were just eating and then she suddenly couldn't move and eventually choked on her food." He replied.

Squinting my eyes, as I immediately knew what it was.

"Parkinson's." I said, I began to assess her body, "She's unconscious. The lack of oxygen in her body is already turning her skin blue. Cyanosis." I mumbled.

"What kind of food did she eat?" I asked, "Croissant." He answered, looking up as I saw James looking at me with wide eyes, "Get me a knife, an alcohol, and a thin tube. Now." I said as he nodded his head and moved.

Wandering my eyes around as I saw gloves, quickly grabbing those and wearing them as James came back, giving what I asked as I sterilized those with alcohol.

"What are you doing?" He asked, "If you stop me now, I won't be able to help your grandmother. I can save her." I replied, shutting his mouth and silence engulfed the room.

"I'll have to pierce a hole in her throat so that she can breathe." I said, lightly pressing my index and middle finger on her throat as I located her trachea.

"Here. I'll begin the incision." I said as I began to pierce her skin, focusing my attention on her carefully not to cut any of her thyroid gland, any blood vessels or nerves.

As blood oozed out, making a 3cm cut, grabbing the transparent tube and carefully inserting it in her throat, securing an airway, and seconds later, she took a breath as I exhaled a breath.

"I need some clean cloth." I said and James immediately grabbed one, giving it to as I say my thanks, pouring the remaining alcohol left in the bottle as I softly wiping the blood and disinfecting the wound in the process.