Chapter 7

Tying my hair into a half ponytail and letting some hair down in front, looking at my reflection as I nodded my head.

Wearing a pair of jeans, a white shirt with light brown long sleeve knit long coat, black combat boots, and the gold cross necklace they gave me.

Looking at the time, it was already half past one in the afternoon.

"Shit." I mumbled as I quickly went downstairs, "Oh, I see you've changed. Going on a date?" Fergus said, teasingly.

Rolling my eyes as I bid my goodbye to them, teleporting from inside the house to a nearby deserted alley, looking around as I exhaled a sigh of relief and walked towards the orphanage.

Later on as I arrived outside the orphanage, squinting my eyes seeing the familiar car parking outside.

"He was wearing shades, an expensive suit, and had a funny looking beard."

"Yeah. Him, his secretary, and his bodyguard."

Gasping as I recalled what Claude said, "It can't be." I murmured as I realised who Claude was pertaining to.

The man with a funny looking beard is Tony Stark.

"Fuck." I mumbled as I took a step back. "Rivia." Happy called, looking at him and forcing a smile.

"Happy. Hi." I said, "Good to see you." He said as I nodded my head, "You too." I replied.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he approached me, "To the orphanage." I answered as he smiled.

"Really? Do you mean Cradles Orphan Home?" He asked, nodding my head as he chuckled, I furrowed my eyebrow and looked at him confusingly.

"Well, we sponsor that orphanage. I mean, Tony does." He said as my breath hitched, "Is that so?" I asked, earning a nod from him.

"Come. Pepper is inside." He said, nodding my head again and followed him.

Swallowing a lump in my throat as we near the entrance of the orphanage, Happy opened the door, letting me in first like a gentleman he is.

Smiling at him as I say my thanks, a long table of toys and food lined inside.

Sister EL immediately saw me and walked towards us, "Rivia. I'm so glad you're here." She said, "Oh, hi Happy." She added, acknowledging Happy.

Happy smiled at her, "You know her?" Happy asked as Sister El's smile widened, "Of course, she frequently visits the orphanage and made a tremendous help to us, especially to Claude." She answered.

Happy nodded as I smiled to her, "I'm at your service, Sister." I said, "Via!" Claude called, earning our attention.

As he ran towards me, hugging my leg, ruffling his hair as I crouched down, "Hi there, handsome. How are you?" I asked, earning a smile from him.

"I'm happy now that you're here." He replied, a soft laugh escaping from me, "You're getting so good at saying those lines." I said, lightly tapping his nose.

"Good morning, Sister EL and Mr. Hogan." He said, looking at them as I smiled at him while looking how he is still aloof to others.

"Good morning, Claude." Sister EL replied, "Can you introduce Via to Ms. Potts?" Sister EL added, and Claude nodded his head, looking at him as he reached out his hand.

Placing mine on his as I stood up, excusing myself earning a nod from both of them and Claude and I left as he dragged me softly towards where I assume Pepper is.

Later on as we approached a woman wearing a black dress with gray coat and black heels.

"Excuse me, Ms. Potts." Claude said, earning the attention of Pepper, "I would like to introduce someone to you." He added, Pepper turned towards us.