Chapter 35

"You what?! Without me?" I asked and looked at them incredulously, apparently they attacked the Sokovia Base without me and I just knew it right now.

"When was it?" I asked as I tried to remember what happened these past few days, my eyes widened, "When Claude, Loki, and I went out." I mumbled, answering my own question.

"You're still not an official SHIELD Agent, sunshine." Clint said, "Right, I'm not. But at least tell me if you're going on a mission. I'm your soulmate." I countered.

"Is your wound okay?" I asked, Clint's eyes momentarily widened as I remembered that he was shot in the movie, "I'm okay now, sunshine." He replied, biting my lips to prevent my tears from falling.

"That's why you have to tell me. What if something happened to you? I can help you with my powers." I said, wiping the tear that escapes my eyes, "I don't want to lose any of you. I hate losing someone and I don't want to feel that again." I added.

Nat was about to approach me when I took a step back, "Excuse me." I said and teleported away from the tower.

Letting my tears fall while walking barefooted in the hallway of the museum, lifting my head up and wiping my tear-soaked cheeks, manuscripts, stained glass and tapestries decorated the hall.

It was already midnight and I was all alone inside the closed museum distracting myself from my troubled mind. Exhaling a sigh as I continued to walk around, holding my heels. I arrived at the medieval inspired garden, sitting on a bench, placing the heels on my side as I looked up at the sky, stars beautifully decorated the night sky.

"Did I overreact?" I mumbled, closing my eyes as I listened to the wind rustling in the trees and leaves and the tinkling of running water from the fountain. Standing up, startled as a cape wrapped around my body, "Honey." Stephen said and slowly walked towards me.

"Steph." I replied, engulfing me in a hug, "How is it that you're still beautiful even when you're crying?" He asked, giggling at what I heard and shaking my head, "You look charming, love." He added, "And you look handsome as always, Mr. Magic." I replied.

Stephen chuckled and placed a kiss on my forehead as my hands run through his goatee, his hands enclosing my face and his thumb caressing my cheeks, "It's okay to cry and worry for someone you love." He muttered, nodding my head, our eyes met as his face slowly leaning in.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked, a smile formed in my lips as I hummed a yes to him, our lips touched and the kiss was soft, savoring each other's lips as if they're perfectly fit. Stephen kissed back passionately, his arms wrapping my waist and mine on his neck.

Breathless from the kiss, our forehead touching, Stephen gave me a quick peck on the lips, "Everyone was worried about you." He said, exhaling a sigh as I leaned my head to his chest, "I just need some time alone." I replied.

"What time is it?" I asked, "3 in the morning." He answered, "You're basically inside a closed establishment, darling." He added, earning a chuckle from me, "No one will know unless someone sees me." I replied, Stephen smiled and nodded his head.

"Right." He mumbled, giggling as I found him adorable. "Want to go home?" He asked, "Will you stay?" I asked, he nodded his head and smiled, "Yes." He answered, exhaling a sigh, "Yeah, let's go home. I don't want them to worry any longer." I stated.

Stephen opened a sling ring, the living room of the tower on the other side, carrying me effortlessly in his arms as he walked towards the portal. Furrowing my eyebrows as silence welcomed us.