The Princess, The Elf, the Demon, and The Wanderer Part 9

Koga and Elf had made their way back into town. As Koga and Elfo walk down the path back into town, they spot Bean and Luci coming their way. "Hey, there you boys are!" said Bean waving at them. "We were looking for you!" Koga turns in her direction

"Oh?" Koga said as he lifted his eyebrows in surprise.

"I just wanted to talk to you about something!" said Bean with a bright smile on her face. "You know about...some stuff!" Bean had her hands behind her back, rocking back and forth on her feet.

   Koga looked at Bean suspiciously, and he crossed his arms. Bean stops rocking, and she grins nervously at him. "Well...Koga uh...what I wanted to talk to you about is-Well, you see, we've only known each other for three days, but I think it's fine to say that after all the things we went through, like, almost getting eaten by a dragon, falling through a hole, fighting a corrupt organization, and a crazy spider girl.  I'd say we've become really good friends, right?"

Koga thought about it for a moment. "Yeah...I guess so," He agreed as he continued walking.

"I think so, too!" said Elfo smiling up at Koga.

"He's not my friend," said Luci bluntly.

"Well, besides Luci. After those wild three days, we've gotten to know each other pretty well, don't you agree?" Bean said as she walked closer to Koga

Koga looks over at her. "You know you're terrible at not trying to act suspicious."

"W-What? What do you mean?" Bean said, laughing nervously. Her eyes shifted left to right. "I'm not being suspicious about anything!"

"Oh sure you aren't," said Koga sarcastically as he walked to defence force headquarters.

"All I'm saying is that I think that we've formed a good bond of friendship that we can be honest with each other, right?" Bean said, placing her hands together as an example of a strong bond.

"Honest about what, exactly?" Koga asked, turning his attention back to Bean.

"Umm...well...uhh..." Bean didn't think about this carefully. To be honest, her first plan was to try and seduce Koga. But Koga just wasn't the type of guy that Bean could seduce. He wasn't a perverted man, so that idea was out of the question.

"Well?" Koga said, waiting for a response.

"Well...uh...I was wondering if..." Bean sighed, giving up on trying to sugarcoat it. "Look, Koga; I'm going, to be honest...could you please just let us-" But the sound of the front doors of the defence force opened, and out stepped Archie. "Oh hey, guys! I was just about to come to look for you all!" said Archie waving at them. "Fergus is awake! Do you guys want to come in and see him?"

"HELL YEAH!" said Luci hoping off Bean's shoulder and rushing into the building.

"You guys have one weird-looking cat," said Archie as he returned to the building.

Koga turned back to Bean. "So what were you saying?"

    Bean looked away and shook her head "Nevermind...I'll talk to you about it later," She said as she rubbed her arm. Koga looked at her curiously before he shrugged and walked into the headquarters. Elfo looked up at Bean, who was rubbing her head and groaning. "You tried to talk him into letting us go?" He asked. 

Bean looks down at Elfo. "Yeah," She replied weakly. "But I just couldn't get it out properly..."

"Well, we still have time," Elfo said reassuringly. "Maybe we can persuade Koga to let us come with him on his journey!"