Mingle

Bean slowly opened her eyes, and the first thing that she saw while her eyes adjusted was the bright light that shone through the curtains. The feeling that Bean felt as she began coming to was warm and comforting. She didn't feel exhausted or drained. But she did feel a cold, wet cloth over her head. She rises, removes the damp cloth from her forehead, and notices the chair at her bedside. The first person that came to her mind was bunty. 'Taking care of me since mom passed like always, huh bunty?' The princess thought as she pulled the covers off, got out of bed, and left her room. Bean walks down the stone hallways and enters the dining room. Elfo and Miri were sitting at the table, eating chocolate chip cookies.

"Hey guys," said Bean, yawning.

Elfo's eyes gleamed when Bean stepped through the door. "Bean, you're finally awake!" He said joyfully. "Oh my god, I was so worried about you!"

"Elfo, I keep telling you that you don't have to worry when I pass out like that. It's normal after going through four mugs of beer," Bean replied while she sat next to Elfo at the table. "And what do you mean, finally awake?"

"You've been asleep for two days," said Miri.

"Well, that's a new record," The princess chuckled.

"You don't remember what happened a few days ago?" Elfo asked.

"I don't know a majority of things that happen to me after I black out," said Bean as she grabbed a cookie from the jar and ate it. "I mean, the only thing I remember Is arguing with Tavish. But I think I went to the bar after that."

"Oohoho..." said Miri. "Nooo, that's not at all what happened..."

Bean looks at Miri and then at Elfo. "Ok...what exactly happened?"

"Well, Fuscu possessed your body," said Elfo.

"WHAT?" The princess sprang from her seat.

Elfo explained Fuscu's desire to overthrow Satan using the magic she and Tavish possess. "And after that, Luci tried to stop Fuscu, and he kept using your body to punch him—well, he used your hand to punch your face, which was somehow hurting him? I don't know how that worked,"

Bean rubs her cheek. "So that's why my face is so sore—Ouch!" She flinched.

"Then, Tavish stepped in and used his finger lighting to yank out Fuscu!"

"Tavish?" said Bean. "He saved me?"

"Well, yeah! Koga, Luci and I couldn't do much because we didn't want to hurt you. But thanks to him, we were able to save you," said Elfo.

"I see..." Bean whispered. The memories of her argument with Tavish began returning to her. She remembered how angry she felt at him and the hurtful words they tossed at each other. But it wasn't just the recent fight; all of the fights they had since their relationship had taken a wrong turn. She couldn't think of one good recent memory of them sharing a nice moment. They hadn't had one since they were kids.

"Bean, are you ok?" Elfo asked, noticing that she zoned out.

"Huh?" The snowy-haired princess snapped out of her gaze and stared at the Elf. "Oh, uh, yeah, I'm fine. I'm still waking up, is all.."

"Oh yeah," said Miri. "There's another thing that happened recently."

"What?" Bean asked.

"Heeeere kitty kitty kitty!" Turbish called out. "Come out, little kitty!" Bean, Elfo and Miri looked towards the door's entrance and saw Turbish holding some food in his hand. "Where did you go, little kitty?"