The Prince out and about

The Prince found himself walking the dark stone hallways of the castle. He wore a white shirt with a dark blue tunic placed over it. He's strolled these hallways for so many years, yet this one instance felt eerily familiar to him. He placed his eyes on a half-opened door that gently lit the dark hallways. He could hear the soft sobbing of a girl coming from the room. The Prince approached the door and peeked in. There lay a small girl dressed in a tiny blue dress with her knees to the chest and her face buried between her thighs. Her hair was the same color as the Prince, snowy white. The Prince stepped into the room and approached her.

"Bean?" Tavish spoke.

Bean raised her head and looked over at her older brother. She wiped her eyes and tried to speak, but all she could muster at that moment were small sobs. Tavish walked over to the edge of her bed and sat down. Her placed his arms over her, and she quickly wrapped her arms around his waist, buried her face into his chest, and continued to cry. Tavish softly caressed her sister's head as she continued to sob and sob. Tavish spoke calmly, "It's going to be ok, Bean...everything is going to be ok..."

"N-No it-It's not!" She forced out her words. "Nothing is ever going to be ok! I want Mom! I want her back!" She clenched the back of Tavish's blue tunic tightly.

"I want her back, too," The Prince replied, moving his hand from Bean's head and rubbing her back.

"It's not fair!" Bean yelled into her brother's chest. "Why did Dad have to go and get married?! Doesn't he miss mom?"

"He does, Bean, he does," Tavish replied. A lump appeared in his throat. "The king must have a queen..."

"It's dumb!" Bean snapped. "All of it is dumb! I hate it!"

He couldn't try to make sense of it anymore. A spark of anger and sorrow swelled up in Tavish's chest. His mother's gentle smile and familiar blue eyes flashed in his head. His voice quivered as he replied, "I hate it too..." He fully embraced his sister, bringing her into a tight hug. The twins sat there, holding each other in silence. Bean would break the silence occasionally with her sniffling and quiet sobs. Bean looks up at Tavish, her eyes red from the crying. "Tavish..." She whispered. Tavish looked down at her sister. She sniffled and asked, "Y-You won't ever leave me, right?"

"Of course, Beanie," Tavish whispered. "I'm not going anywhere."

"You promise?"

"I promise,"

"Pinkie, swear it," She lets go of Tavish, sits on her knees, and holds up her pinkie finger.

Tavish smiles and holds up his pinkie finger. "I, Tavish Mariabeanie de le rochambeau grunkwitz, do solemnly swear that I will always be at my sister's side forever and ever."

Bean giggled. "And I, Princess Tiabeanie mariabeanie de le rochambeau grunkwitz, do solemnly swear...that I will always love my big brother,"

Bean threw her arms around her brother's neck and hugged him tight. Tavish closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her sister, holding her tightly. When he opened his eyes, a giant burning man stood before him, roaring at him.

He gasped and found himself staring at his ceiling. Tavish's upper body was on the floor, and his legs were on the couch. "Oh dear..." said the Prince. "What time is it?"

GONG! GONG! GONG! GONG!

"Is that a.m. or p.m.?" Tavish asked. He had always thought flying birds hitting the bell was a silly way to tell the time in Dreamland. Nevertheless, Tavish gets off the floor and sits on his sofa. In a matter of seconds, it all came back to him. The party, his conversation with Bean, and the questions that she asked him. Tavish noticed that he was still in his formal garments and went to change. He was now sporting his everyday all-green tunic. The first thing that Tavish thought about was sitting at his desk. But he paused once he placed his hand around his desk chair. He stood there, staring at it for a moment. Tavish didn't feel like sitting at his desk. He didn't feel like studying. But what was Tavish going to do? His room is where he spends most of his time. Now, the Prince didn't feel like staying in his room. He wanted to go out. And so he did.