Bounty Hunter Bean Part 5

"So, do you think Elfo is ok?" Bean asked as she chugged down a jug of beer. Luci shrugged and took a sip of his beer. "Eh, I'm sure he'll be fine. Koga's probably already bringing him back." Bean, however, was starting to get worried.

"I don't know...maybe we should go after him?" She suggested, looking over at Luci.

Luci lets out a big groan. "Ugggghhh, fine. Let's take a beer to go for the road."

"Way ahead of you," said Bean as she picked up a beer barrel, and the two left the bar.

"Besides, how bad can Koga's situation be anyway?" Luci said confidently.

...

"It's a ha ha, and a hee hee hee-we're as happy as we can be-Elfwood is the place that We'll never flee-Our minds are blank, but our hearts are free-We work all day, and we sing with glee-We drink all night, uncontrollably-"

"Ugh...I can't stand this song...." Elfo groaned.

"Elfo!"

"How is anyone happy being here? All we do is make candy; if someone's not happy, everyone loses their minds!"

"Elfo! Speak to me!"

"This can't be how my life is...none of this makes sense!"

"ELFO!"

"Huh? Koga?"

    Elfo opened his eyes. Everything was spinning as he stared at what he believed to be a wooden floor. "Ko...ga?" He whispered. "Ugh, my head...." Elfo tried to move his right hand, but he couldn't. Both of his hands were tied up. "Elfo say something. Are you hurt?" Elfo groaned once more, and he lifted his head. "Koga, where-where are you?" Elfo's vision had started to focus. They were inside a room surrounded by all sorts of different candies. "Over here!" said Koga. Elfo turned to the right and saw Koga. "Oh my god...." Elfo whispered in shock. Koga was sealed against the wall by some hard purple candy. "How in the world did those weirdos get you like that?"

"Sleeping powder..." said Koga with a sigh. "Anyways, what the hell are you doing here?"

"I went out looking for you!" said Elfo.

"Alone?"

"I tried to get the others time come, but they were like, "Koga will be fine; he doesn't need help," and I'm like "What kind of friend leaves another friend to die? So I decided to come to look for you myself because that's what real friends do, and so i-"

"Elfo, ok, I get it," said Koga, cutting him off. "I appreciate the help, but you should've let me handle this."

"Oh yeah, because that's working out sooo well for you," said Elfo sarcastically.

"Look...how was I supposed to know they would spike my pudding cup with sleeping powder?!" said Koga defensively.

Elfo tried to wiggle out of the ropes but couldn't. "Koga, aren't you super strong? Can't you power out through that stuff?" he asked. 

Koga shook his head. "I mean...I think?" he replied, looking at the sticky, melted candy that imprisoned him.

Elfo looked at Koga, confused, "Have you not tried?"

"Not really. After I got stuck, I just hung here and tried to process how I even got here..." said Koga. "Like, how dare those assholes use pudding to lower my guard.."

"You lowered your guard because of pudding? How does that even happen?"

"Hey, I like pudding, ok? Sue me..."