The Underground Tomb Part 2

Bean, Elfo, Luci, Koga, and the thieves leave Dreamland and head east. Koga had an excited expression across his face. He hummed a tune as he maned the reigns of the wagon without a care in the world. Everyone else, however, didn't look so excited. Everyone besides Luci was starting to doubt this legend about a treasure hidden in a tomb. Luci was making some dark jokes to scare Elfo, which was working. Hilda was making small talk with Bean. She asked her random questions about what she'd been up to and how the princess's life was going. Bean explained that she had run away from her wedding and accidentally killed one of Bentwood's sons. As Bean was telling her, this made Hilda laugh pretty hard. 

Once Bean was done telling her story, Hilda asked, "So...has Tavish asked about me at all?" Bean would shake her head no and frown. "Tavish isn't worried about anyone but himself. All he cares about is the relationships he can make with other kingdoms to make himself look good," She said bitterly. 

"Oh..." Hilda replied, sounding a bit saddened.

After ten more minutes or so of riding, the wagon stopped. "We're here!" Koga said to everyone as he hopped out of the wagon. Everyone did the same, and they followed Koga. The group followed Koga through a forest. Thick trees and vines were hanging from above. Koga would then pick up a stick along with a rock. He places the wood near a thick piece of stone and hits the rock against the stone, causing sparks to land on the sick, setting the tip ablaze. The group continued down the path through the woods till they found a large piece of stone sitting on the left side next to a black hole in the ground. 

Elfo looked down in the hold and gulped. "That doesn't look terrifying at all..." He said in a sarcastic quiver. Bean stared into the dark abyss below and said, "That doesn't look safe. How are we supposed to get down there?" She asked as she looked over at Koga. 

"Don't worry," Koga reassured. I brought some-ROOOOOOPE!" Koga screamed as the ground below them gave in. He, along with the thieves, Bean, Elfo, and Luci, slid down the dark hole below them. They all screamed until they hit the bottom of the hole.

"Ugh..." Koga groaned. "Is everyone ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Bean replied. "I can't see anything...."

"I landed right on the bum-bum...." Elfo whined.

"What's this soft and squishy thing?" asked Rupert

"That's my boob, you idiot!" Hilda said, and then there was a sudden smack sound followed by whining, "OOOW!" from Elfo. 

"Everyone chill the hell out," said Luci as his tail went ablaze, lighting up the darkness.

Bean looked up from where they fell, and she sighed. "Well, I hope there's an exit at the end of all this." 

Koga nods. "There always is," He looked forward. "Well, there's only one way, and that's straight ahead. Let's roll, everyone!"

 Everyone else got their feet, and they all continued. Walking down the tunnel, they noticed it expanded, giving more room to the treasure-hunting team. Koga looked around him. He began to see weapons stuck on the roof and in the walls. 

 "AHHH!" Elfo screamed. His shout made everyone jump and reach for their weapons. "Elfo, what's wrong?!" Bean asked quickly. Elfo, with his arm shaking, pointed up to the skeleton stuck in the wall. The frame had blades stuck in each of its shoulders, and one sword stuck in its mouth, going into its gut.

"Holy smokes..." Tuppence gasped.

"It almost looks like a botched magic trick," said Luci. "But It does look like modern art, to be honest."