Chapter 2

Harry's pov

The bush brushes against my shoulder as a walk down the pavement.

One last turn and I'd be my new school, Doncaster High.

I fucking hate this
Every singe bit of it.

I mean yeah it's for mums and my safety and all but moving all the time doesn't make my life any better.
It's hard enough to find friends but having them ripped  away every few months is just cruel. Especially since it's hard for me to make friends because of how I dress.
Not my personality.

The red walls are getting more frightening as i walk towards the building.

"This time it'll be different!", my moms voice from this morning echos in my head. It's the same thing she's said for years now and, surprise! Everytime it's the same thing, like a neverending cycle I can't escape.

I push the doorknob down and use my whole body weight to open the door.

Immediately the deafening noise of a crowd reaches my ears.

I feel so small and helpless standing there.

***

"There will be a student waiting for you in the office. You'll be handed your schedule and she'll show you around the building" the principal wrote in his e-mail.

Would've been helpful if he told me how to get there though.

I wonder around like a lost puppy looking for his mom.

Damn i wish my mom was here.

Brown eyes are looking at me from across the hallway. I look back at him, slight fear in my eyes.

A tall guy with long hair, beard and a beanie. He looks like someone who has a wife and 3 kids at home.

The he starts walking towards me. Oh god.

"Are you lost?", he asks while raising on of his eyebrow.

"I- ehh ", I cleared my throat " Yeah ehm I was- I am looking for the office?"

"Here, I'll show you" he said as we nods his head to the left and starts walking that way, me following like a small, confused child. Which, I basically am.

"The names Mitch" he says half way, startling me. He didn't talk very much.

"Harry" I say as he looks down at me and smiles.

"I like your flower crown" he says shocking me.

I've only ever got complimented on my looks by my mum and the very few handful of friends I had in the past. So it shocked me when anyone did, it's like finding a rare gem.

"Oh, thanks" I mumbled, blushing.

He smiles as he looks ahead.

We make small talk until we reach a large building.

"Okay, here it is, I'll see you around" he said as he clapped my shoulder and walked away.

"Goodbye! Thank you for helping me!" I shout back as I turn around to face him.

He shakes his head with a smile before walking off.

I think I just found a new friend? I hope so. He seems really cool.

I turn towards the building and the smile I wore is instantly wiped off my face. I didn't feel as confidant as I did before with Mitch by my side. Now I'm alone. Again.

I gulp as I push the door open.

The lady at the front desk looks up at me. She looks like she's in her 30s. She doesn't look mean but also not extra friendly. She's here to do her job after all, but it would've helped calm my frantically beating heart from the anxiety I feel.