Chapter 34

Harry's Pov

After a week in my dads little hospital I was finally allowed to go home! Which really, is a bit of a blessing and a curse.

I'm still in alot of pain and won't be able to take the strong medicine for it like I have been but they gave me some pain killers to take.

And being alone with my mum... That's the worse bit. She's been constantly asking me about what happened at the bakery, who did this to me and all the details. And I understand why she's asking and is worried but I don't know what to tell her. I can't really say "oh yeah, my friends who are also your biggest rivalry saved me". And if I tell them it was another Mafia member they could get suspicious of the lads.

On the car ride home I stare out the window, taking in the outside world I so desperately missed. I didn't really feel the car stop until my mum opens my door to help me out.

I take her offered hand and slowly stand up, groaning slightly at the pain.

"Oh baby." My mum frowns. "I'll get you some medication once I get you inside."

"Thank you." I smile gratefully at her as we walk though the door.

"Wanna go lay down on the couch or in your bed?"

"Bed, I'm so tired. Plus I've missed my bed."

My mum laughs. "I'm sure you have."

Walking up our stairs is a nightmare but we finally make it to the top. I pull my covers back and lay down before pulling them back over me, sighing. Damn I missed my bed so much.

My mum goes back downstairs for a little while before coming back with some stuff in her hand.

"Here, take these." She hands me some pills and a glass of water. "And it's cold so cuddle up to this." She slips a warm heat pack under the sheets.

"Thank you mum." I put my arms out, telling her I want a hug but can't get up. She laughs but leans down to give me a cuddle.

"I've just gotta give your dad a call, let him know we're home safe. But Harry, please try to remember everything you can about that day." She frowns.

"I remember mum. Some guy came to rob the bakery and was armed." I lie stright though my teeth.

"Okay baby, try to get some sleep." She kisses my forehead before walking out, closing the door behind her.

I wiggle around a bit until I find a comfortable spot before falling right into a dreamfilled sleep.

***

*Knock*

"Harry? Harry come here!"

*Tap*

"Harold!"

I squint my eyes open, confused. I look at the door but see nobody.

"Harry!"

I look towards the window to see Louis, just fucking dangling from my window sill.

"What the fuck!" I jump out of bed and quickly open my window. "What the hell are you doing?" I grab his hand.

"Just- help me!" I help to pull him though the window, landing on the floor.

"Are you okay?" I help him stand up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He says breathlessly before surprising me by wrapping his arms around my waist.

I'm taken by surprise before quickly returning the hug. This was new, but definitely not bad or unwelcome.

We stay like that for a moment before pulling away but Louis keeps his hands on my upper arms. "Sorry for getting you out of bed, get back in."

I don't argue, simply just hopping back under the covers but propping myself up against the pillows. "Can you lock the door? Mum's in bed but just in case."

"Sure." Louis quickly locks it before walking over and sitting on the side of my bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Pretty shit, but the nurses gave me pain killers to take." I tell him.

"That's good, how's the healing?"

"Still patched up, I have to go back in 2 days to get it re-wrapped."

"Awesome." Silence settles over us. The soft moonlight is hitting Louis' face in a way that illuminates his beautiful eye colour, making them shine.

"I'm really glad your okay Harry." Louis suddenly says softly.

I smile. "Thank you for helping me that day at the bakery, I don't wanna think what would've happened otherwise." I say in the same hushed tone, not wanting to ruin the calm atmosphere.

"You don't have to thank me." He suffles over closer to me. "I really am glad that your okay Harry." He puts his hand over mine, making my heart flutter.

I see his eyes quickly flick down to my lips before going back up to look stright into my eyes. I don't really know what happened from there but the gap between our faces slowly got smaller and smaller until I could feel his breath hit mine.

"So so glad." He whispers before our lips connect. They go from softly ghosting over eachother to moving together. It was like nothing else even existed in that moment. Not the fact that this was Louis, not the fact that this is the same guy who hated me. Nothing.

I feel his tongue rub over my bottom lip and I hesitate. What do I do now? I've never kissed someone before, should I open my mouth wide or only a little? I don't wanna ruin this.

Louis laughs softly. "You part your lips now Haz." He whispers.

I blush, but do as he says and feel his tounge enter my mouth. But it's all slow, no lust or anything sexual. Just a passionate kiss.

After a few minutes we break apart and I keep my eyes closed, scared of Louis' reaction. Will he react the same as he did last time we kissed? Will he be angry? I don't think I could handle that this time round.

"Harry, look at me."

I slowly open my eyes, seeing Louis staring at me.

"I really like you Harry. Like, really really like you. I'm so sorry for being an idiot all these weeks. Looking back I think I liked you from the very start but was to scared to admit it so I acted the total opposite." He chuckles with a slight blush.

I widen my eyes. Really?

"I like you too Louis, alot." I admit.

"Well," Louis takes both of my hands in his. "Harry would you, mabye, like to be my boyfriend?"

It's like all the air leaves my lungs and my stomach is filled with butterflies. "Yes!" I laugh, lurching ford and give Louis a massive hug. My boyfriend a hug. One that he quickly returns.

***

😭 Fucking finally