Chapter 25

TW for this chapter! There's detailed description of a panic attack. If this is a trigger for anyone, we've put +++ where it starts and where it ends so you can skip it❤️

***

Liam's Pov

I slowly walk towards Harry's house with him curled up in my arms, shaking badly and still crying.

"Do you have the key Haz?" I hate to ask but we need to get inside.

He nods weakly and pulls it out of his pocket, handing it over to me.

I smile softly before opening the door and walking Harry up into his bedroom. He instantly goes over to his bed and sits down on the edge.

"I'll be right back okay?" I tell him, slowly letting go of his hand. He doesn't respond, still crying, so I walk back downstairs. I grab him a glass of water with some ice in it and a banana out of the fruit bowl on the counter.

As I'm walking up the stairs I hear choked sobs and faint gasps coming from Harry. Shit.

+++

I run the rest of the way to his room, only to find him having what looks to be a panic attack. He's still sitting where he was before only now he's grabbing at his chest and throat, struggling to breath.

"Shit, Harry." I place the items I got on the bedside table and kneel down in front of him. "You're okay Harry. You're in your room with me, Liam." I try to get him back into the moment. I place my hand on his chest. "Can you try to lift my hand for me? Copy my breathing."

He looks at my face as he tried to inhale, but just ends up letting out dry coughs.

"That was a good try, but I need you to do it again, deep breaths." It took a few more tries but eventually Harry's breathing was back to normal. He was still shaking and slightly hiccuping but at least he's breathing.

I sit next to him and wrap an arm around his waist, grabbing the glass of cool water. "Here, just take small sips."

Harry shakes his head. "I, I don't." He holds his stomach. I don't have time to react before he's shooting up off the bed and kneeling down in front of the toilet. And then he's gagging and vomiting.

I rush over and stand rubbing his back. I know from personal experience that when vomiting the last thing you want is someone trying to talk to you so I stay quiet until he's finished.

+++

Harry groans as he slowly stands up. "I'm so sorry Liam."

"Hey, don't apologize. It's all good." I smile. "Do you want that water now?"

He smiles weakly. "Yes please."

***

Harry's Pov

It's later that night that I'm laying on my bed, staring at my wall from where I'm laying on my side.

He tried to kill me.
Louis tried to kill me.
Fuck.

Liam left right before my mum was due back home, helping me calm down and take my mind off it. I still feel really bad that he had to deal with that, my whole panic attack ordeal. I want to do something to thank him, I don't even wanna think what would have happened if he wasn't there for me. In fact, I don't wanna think what would have happened if Liam and Zayn weren't there.

My brain just stopped working and I didn't even try to defend myself. Thought honestly I couldn't have fought Louis off.

***

Mom's voice from downstairs snaps me out of my thoughts later that night. "Haz come downstairs, I got us pizza."

I stand up with a sigh and make my way into the kitchen. But before I could get there I see my mom in the hallway.

She's still wearing her brown trench-coat balancing two boxes of pizza in one hand and the daily mail in the other. Her backpack hanging on by a thread and almost slipping off her left shoulder.

"Oh hold on." I stumble towards her and take the mail and her backpack.

She continues walking into the kitchen. "Thanks hun."

I nod in response and carry her stuff into the living room before going after her and sitting down at the table.

Mom has already opened up both boxes when I come back.

"How was work?" I ask, not expecting a detailed answer.

"Good."

I press my lips together and nod. I miss the old mum, one one who would cook homemade meals. The one that would be open to chatting about everything and anything during meals.

Now she's never home, always buying take out, never wanting to engage in conversation with me.

And I can't even tell her I was nearly killed today. I know I should, for my own safety. But then she'd definitely make us move and I just can't do that. Not again. Go to another school where I know nobody and get fucking bullied everyday. At least I have Niall, Liam and Zayn here. Plus Perrie, even though I haven't spoken to her in a while.

After dinner I thank mum and go upstairs, ready to take a nice warm shower and go to bed. Try to forget today even happened.

I grab some pyjamas out of my draw and walk into my bathroom, locking the door.

I take my shirt off and go to pull my jeans off but something catches my eye in the mirror. On my chest, right where Louis tried to stab me, was a wound. And a pretty deep one.

How the fuck had I not noticed that?

I look down at it with a frown as I bring my fingers up to run over it, wincing. I feeling my eyes sting and not because of the pain touching it brought.

This was just a painful reminder of what Louis did. His intentions. His words. His facial expressions. All of it.

I sniffle and rub my nose and pull my jeans off, just wanting to forget.