Chapter 42 (Happy ending - part 4)

Harry's Pov

I slowly open my eyes to the sound of beeping and the scratchy material of an uncomfortable blanket under me. I let out a small puff of breath and open my eyes, only to force them shut again that the brightness of the sunrays beaming into the room. This time I open them with caution and give myself time to adjust to the light.

I'm in a big white room with medical equipment all around me. I go to move my arm and feel a tugging sensation. I wince and look down to see an IV. In fact I have monitors all over my body, as well as many bandages from what I can feel from under the covers. Turns out the beeping noise is my heartbeat sounding though the monitor.

I can also feel an uncomfortable burning sensation in my lower region, making me hiss.

I remember everything that happened beforehand. The kidnapping. The awful pain. The fear. All of it. Memories come back to me from before Louis came. His farther beat me, cut me, burnt me... My shoulders still feel dislocated from when he hung me from the ceiling and beat me with a bat.

Without noticing my breath starts to become erratic as the beeping noise of my heart picks up speed. I feel someone cup my face in their hands and wipe away the tears that fell without my knowledge.

"Hey baby, you're okay. I'm here, I'm Louis. You're in a safe room with people trying to help you. I promise." I listen to the smooth like honey voice as I feel myself start to calm down and lean towards them. I open my eyes again and smile slightly at Louis, getting one in return.

"Good too see you awake Mr Styles." The nurse said, making me jump. "Here's some water, try to drink some." He hands me a white styrofoam cup. I bring it up to my lips and take small sips of the cool water.

"T-Thank you."

"No worries. Now Harry, you were placed under medical induced coma after finding out how significant your injuries were. You were severely dehydrated, had lost alot of blood and overall not healthy. You also have alot of wounds and burn marks that we've either stitched, stabled or patched up. We've got you on an IV and vitamin drip which will probably have to stay in for a few days."

I nod before remembering the painful feeling down there.

"Do I um... Do I have a catheter in?" I ask, feeling my cheeks burn in embarrassment.

"Yes you do."

Louis chuckles causing me to turn to him and glare. He bites his lip.

"I'm sorry love. It's not funny, you just look too cute." He leans over to give me a kiss, which I melt into. It feels so good to have his lips pressed against mine again.

"You should be fine to leave in about 2 weeks, depending on how you heal. If you need assistance please press that green button on the wall." The nurse smiles before walking out of the room, shutting the door quietly.

"I'm so glad you're okay Harry." Louis takes my pale hand in his. "I was so worried."

I notice he's also wearing the same white night gown as me, and that's when I remember his leg. I look down to try and see but it's covered by his gown.

"How's your leg?"

"Alright, apparently the fucker that did it missed one of my artery by a few inches. Thank God." I squeeze his hand tighter in relief. That wound looked so bad and sore. "They're letting me out tomorrow."

I smile before it turns into a frown. "You're still going to visit me?"

At hearing my question, Louis also frowns. "What? Of course I am. You dad even said I could. Not that him forbidding me too would've stopped me."

"Oh, really now?"

We both look up to see my dad standing in the doorway with his arms crossed and a lazy smirk on his face.

I grin and turn to face Louis, seeing his face pale.

"O-Oh, Mr Styles. I didn't mean-"

"Relax Louis, I'm just taking the piss." Dad laughs before taking a seat next to my bed. "How are you feeling son?"

"Pretty shit right now to be honest. Worn out." I tell him honestly, letting out a sigh.

He smiles with a look of sympathy on his face. "I understand that, it's pretty normal considering what's happened. Your mum's as well, she's just getting something to eat."

I notice Louis look down at his free hand with a sad look in his eyes and I instantly know he's feeling guilty. I squeeze his hand in mine to make him look up.

"Baby, don't feel guilty. None of this is your fault."

He gives me a forced smile and I notice his eyes look glassy under the light. "I just wish I knew my dad was going to do that. I would've prevented it."

"But you didn't, none of us did."

"Exactly son." My dad says. "Even I didn't know he was going to do that. I knew people wanted to get their hands on my kid but I didn't know he was about to act on it."

"I'm so sorry." He wipes a tear off his cheek, making my heart ache.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I say, trying to muster up as much authority to put into my voice as possible.

"And Louis. I know you're good for my son and that you care for him better then any other guy could." Me and Louis both blush. "And now that your dad... Isn't here anyone, there's no reason for our gangs to be constantly at eachothers throats."

Louis nods. "I agree. But, I don't think I want to be that Mafias leader."

Both me and my dad stare at him in shock. What?

"Everyone in it is so pressed on money, killing, torturing... I'm just not like that. My dad tried so hard to get me to basically become this cold hearted murdering machine and I wanted to please him so badly that I just went along with it. Just to pretend to like it in hopes one day I would. And yes, being in a Mafia is my life and passion, but I don't want to just kill people because they've done something that's not even bad. It's not right." He takes a deep breath. "And I would love to and be honoured to join your Mafia, Mr Styles."

I stare at Louis with a gaping mouth before looking over at my dad. His expression is matching mine before he closes his mouth shut and smiles.

"I think that can be arranged."

***

This is the second last chapter my beautifuls 😞😭