Chapter 38

Louis' Pov

It's been a bit over a week since Harry's dad came to visit and I miss him so fucking much. We've been texting and sometimes calling everyday but I haven't heard from him today. Or yesterday. He hasn't opened any of my texts nor answered my calls.

I keep telling myself that he's fine, he's probably just busy. And I get that, but I can't help but worry. Especially after the phone call I had with my dad the other day.

I've asked all the boys and they haven't heard from him either. The only other person I know to ask is Perrie.

I know her and Harry use to be really close friends and still are, but she hates us. Like, despises me and the lads. Niall not so much but the rest of us would've been dead a long time ago if looks could kill. So anytime they hang out it's always without us, which I don't really mind. Harry and I can have lives of our own. But right now I can't help but worry.

Since his dad's up Harry's taken time off school to spend time with him so it's not even like I can asks him if he's okay in person or see that he is okay.

So the next day at school I walk up to Perrie who's walking away from her locker.

"Perrie!" I shout from down the hall, catching up to her. As soon as she sees me, she rolls her eyes.

"What?" She snaps, popping a hip out. She actually reminds me of myself a little.

"Have you heard from Harry at all?" I ask.

"Why? Is he okay?" She frowns, standing up straighter.

"I don't know. He hasn't been answering any of my texts or calls since yesterday morning."

"I know his dad's in town but the last time I spoke to him was, I think it was Wednesday. He rung me to chat. But that was it, sorry. He's probably just busy with his family." She shrugs her shoulders.

I sigh, defeated. I know the chances of Harry just being busy are high but I also just have the worst gut feeling about this.

"Okay, thanks." I smile briefly and go to walk away, but Perrie stops me.

"Let me know, if he responds and is okay, please?" She asks, the small frown still evident on her face.

I nod. "Sure." Before walking away.

***

That night, right before bed as I was scrolling through instergram, I get a text from Harry.

I jump up so I'm sitting stright and press on the notification.

Hazza 🐻

Hey Louis, sorry I haven't been texting you. Been busy. Talk to you later.

I read the message over and over again, frowning. This doesn't sound like Harry. It's way to blunt, unfriendly and isn't signed off with his usual little -H.

He could just be tired and wanted to let me know he was okay? I have no idea. I'm probably thinking way to much into this and need to calm down. But I still have an awful feeling of dread swirling in my stomach, making it hard to fall asleep that night. But some how I let sleep take over take me after responding.

***

I wake up that morning feeling like I haven't slept a wink. Which I didn't really. After falling asleep I kept waking up thinking about Harry and if he's okay or not. I groan and stretch out, feeling a few muscles pop. Yesterday was Friday so thankfully it's now the weekend. The same weekend Harry's dad was supposed to leave.

I pick my phone up to check the time - and mabye to hopefully see a text from Harry - but instead there's one from my dad.

Uh oh.

I unlock my phone and read his message.

Dad

Louis, I need you to go to this address at exactly 3.00pm to finish off a job.

I look at the address he added to see it's an old abandoned warehouse that he bought to do business in. I know what he means by 'finish off a job' and sigh.

Even though it's kinda my job, I hate killing people. Especially without a reason. It just makes me feel tied down by guilt. Unless they were a terrible person, in that case I usually feel nothing.

I spend the rest of the day lounging around the house, still messaging Harry hoping for a response only to hear nothing back. Until finally it's 3.00pm. I grab my keys, wallet, phone and throw on a jumper before walking out to my car. After I get this done I can finally go visit Harry. I still have to climb through his window but at this point it's become second nature.

I just can't wait to see him again.

***

This story is coming to an end soon... :( I actually am so sad about that but I'm excited for the next chapter, thank you all so much for the love and support you've shown ♥️