Chapter 22

Harry's Pov

Other than Zayn telling me he's paying for my ride, not a word was spoken.

I'm home now, laying in bed. Unable to do anything else other than staring at the ceiling blankly.

My mind is empty but full of questions at the same time.

I wanna cry, but I can't. I wanna stress out but I can't. But what I want most is knowing what the fuck happened back at the beach.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and go into my contracts.

'My Irish Bestie🇮🇪💖'

I click on it and try ringing him.
Hoping to hear his voice telling me all of them are alright and his mothers ring did actually fall down the drain.

No one answers. I send message after message asking if he's okay.

5 minutes pass in which I just blankly stare at the bright screen of my phone
There's nothing else I can do other than wait.

Another few minutes pass without a reply.

Niall wouldn't do this. Niall would answer.

But what if he couldn't. What if he couldn't because he caught the bullet.

***

Louis' Pov

*Ding*

.......

*Ding*

.......

*Ding*

I groan as I open my eyes. I look around and see that I'm still in the waiting room. Great, so it wasn't just an awful nightmare.

I shift in the chair that I'm sitting in and wince at the sharp pain in my neck. I didn't even mean to fall asleep.

*Ding*

I look around with a frown, trying to find where this God awful noise is coming from.

*Ding*

I sigh, frustrated. Where the fuck is it coming from?

I spend a good 10 minutes looking until I see a light under the seats.

I get down on my knees and grab the... Phone? After looking at it I realise it's Niall's phone.

*Ding*

I look at his screen to see text after text coming in from someone under the name, 'Little Frog🐸'. What?

I do know Niall's password... Should I?

No, Louis. You can't just go and invade Niall's private life like that.

... But he'll never find out, will he?

I eventually give in and type in his password, going to his messages.

"Niall are you okay?"

"If you see this please let me know that you're all good."

"Please."

"Niall I'm freaking out, please let me know that you're at least alive."

Who the fuck is this? It has to be someone who knows who we are if they're asking Niall if he's okay.

I scroll up a bit to try to find out who this person is. I stop at texts that were sent only last week.

"Hey Harry, I'll be there soon. Just got helt up with stuff."

"All good! ☺️"

"Are you alone? Or is you're mum there?"

"Just me, she's working tonight. Again."

"I'll be there to keep you company soon!"

What. The. Flying. Fuck.

Harry?

This is fucking Harry?

Harry motherfucking Styles.

Shit.

Is he and Niall.... Dating?

No they can't be. Nialls never dated a guy before. I'd surely know if he was gay. Or bi or whatever he is. Surely.

But why else would Niall want to know if his mum's there if they aren't... Doing stuff.

Just at the thought of Harry being with someone makes my stomach get a weird sinking feeling and my face go blank with, jealousy?

Fuck, no. I'm not jealous. Why would I be? I'm not even gay.

If Harry knows Niall's hurt then does that mean...

Does Harry know about us being in the Mafia?

***

I stalk towards Liam and Zayn who's standing outside the building near a tree.

"Did any of you tell Harry about us?" I get stright to the point.

"What? No of course not." Liam frowns. "Why would you think that?"

"Because Harry's been texting Niall's phone non stop asking if he's okay."

"And? That doesn't mean Harry magically knows about us. He's probably just worried because Niall isn't answering." Zayn blows smoke past his lips from where he's having a cigarette. "Plus we all kinda just ran from the poor lad."

"Oh yeah? Because the last text he sent was, 'Fuck it, what building are you in? Idk where you're Mafia's headquarters are. Please tell me I just need to see you.'"

Liam's eyes bulge out and his jaw drops as Zayn chokes on smoke.

"Fuck." Liam curses, looking down.

"Did Niall tell him?"

"I have no fucking idea." I looks back down at the phone in my hands. "Mabye I should talk to him."

"No, not you." Zayn shakes his head.

"Why the fuck not?" I ask, offended.

"Because you've been an absolute cunt to him all week. I'll go." He throws his cigarette on the ground and steps on it, twisting his foot. He goes to walk away before stopping, turning back towards us.

"Where does he live again?"

"I'm pretty sure it's 26 Queen Street." Liam informs him.

Zayn doesn't say anything, just turns around and walks away.

***

Ohh, Harry's in trouble...