Chapter 40 (Happy ending - part 2)

TW!! Graphic violence and murder

***

Louis' Pov

"Shit." I curse as I look up at the flashing red lights and loud sirens blaring throughout the echoing warehouse. "C'mon." I try to lift Harry up as fast but carefully as possible, accidentally making him let out a cry of pain.

"W-Why? What's ha-happening?" He looks up at me with glassy eyes and I don't think I've ever seen someone so hurt yet so fucking scared. It hurts my heart.

"Something's happened. There's a threat. That or they've found out I killed their fucking don." Although there's a high chance of both, I dought it's the second option. If my dad died or got killed then the heir, me, would automatically take his place. And they know that. Which probably means that something's gorn wrong and we need to get out of here, now.

Harry tries to stand up but continues to fall back over. "Here, just relax." I put one of my arms under his legs and pick him up bridal style. He rests his head on my chest as I rush over towards where I know an emergency exit is closest to us. I open the door with my free hand and pull us both out of the building, the afternoon sun blinding me.

"Not so fast."

Fuck me. I lift my head up to see Malcolm, one of my dad's mates sons. He's always fucking wanted to be leader and hated me growing up because I was the next in place. Like it was my choice or some shit. It was made that if anything ever happened to me after dad is gorn then he'd take my place. One problem, he's fucking crazy and mentally psychotic.

"Oh what a lovely surprise." I smile sarcastically, pulling Harry up further when he starts slipping a bit.

"Always knew you were weak. Couldn't even kill this little fuck." He spits out glaring at Harry.

Harry lets out a small whimper into my chest.

"Oh shut the fuck up Malcom. Like you would kill Hannah if they asked you to." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah that's because Hannah's my girlfriend. I'm not a freak and have a boyfriend unlike you. I mean, who let's a puff in charge of a fucking mafia? What a joke."

I clench my jaw. Tight. He wants me to react and I'm not giving him the satisfaction.

"S-Shut the fuck up. You l-look like a mangled roach."

My eyes widen as I look down at Harry in surprise. The younger boy is glaring at Malcom with fiery eyes. I squeeze my lips shut to suppress the laugh bubbling up my throat.

Malcolm's smug smile drops and he shakes his head slightly at Harry. "Harsh words coming from someone who can't even walk by themself and is covered in their own blood and guts."

"Malcom just leave us the fuck alone. Honestly you're a pest." I try to turn around and walk away but a clicking sound stops me.

"Take one more step and you won't see the light of day again." He's pointing a hand gun at both me and Harry. "I'm warning you."

I slowly walk backwards, trying to put as much distance between us as possible With no weapon on me, I know we're both fucked. Malcom chuckles. "Pathetic." He spits. "Now here's what you're gonna do. Y-"

A bang echos as Malcom drops his gun. He stares stright ahead as he slowly falls to his knees, reveling a large group of men standing off to the side of him with their own weapons.

Fucking hell, I feel like I'm in a movie. I mean, what the fuck even is this?

"D-Dad?" Harry whispers. I look down at him to see him staring at one man with wide eyes.

That's his fucking dad?

"Harry." The man runs over before stopping right in front of us, raising his gun at me now. "Let go of him now, Tomlinson."

"N-No! Dad, he's fi-fine." Harry struggles but eventually hops down out of my arms, wobbling over to him, knocking the gun out of his hand and falling into his arms. The man quickly returns the hug, pulling Harry as close as possible.

"Oh darling." He cradles Harry's face. "I was so worried."

"I'm okay." I hear Harry's weak voice reply and I just know that he's attempting to smile right now.

His dad smiles before his eyes drift up towards me. "What were you doing with my son?"

"No s-stop. He saved me." Harry walks back over to me, hugging into my side.

His dad frowns for a moment before his eyes bulge out. "Wait- you're..."

"Louis' my boyfriend dad."

That's it. I'm dead. He's gonna fucking kill me.

The man's silent for a long time, staring at the both of us with blown eyes.

"Mr Styles." I clear my throat, feeling extremely intimidated under his gaze. "I can assure you that I'm in no way trying to hurt your son. Or anything like that." I tell him in a shaky voice.

"Yeah, you're mob tells me otherwise." His face remains blank.

"I'm not them though. And yes, I've done stuff in the past but you know how it is. I grew up with that. I was made and told to do everything."

His dad continues staring at us. "We'll talk about this later. Harry, you need medical help."

I nod in agreement. I get us both into one of his dad's fancy expensive grey Lamborghinis, the rest of the crew piling into the other four.

I let Harry rest his head in my lap as we drive, watching as he takes in small breathes. My heart is aching at just seeing him like this, knowing I can't do anything to stop it or take away the pain. Which I would do in a millisecond.

***

Harry's Pov

I feel my eyes start to droop as Louis tries to threads his fingers though my blood matted hair. Everywhere aches. I feel like I could just curl up into a ball and never come back out. But it also feels so, so good to be back in Louis' warm arms. It's been so long since I've last seen him and the whole time I was with those awful people, he was the only person on my mind.

"Sleep, love. I'll carry you inside." Louis says softly causing me to smile. I stop fighting against the urge to let my eyelids fall shut as I fall into dreamland.