Chapter 8

Nialls pov

"Niall don't do this." Liam says, yelling out after us. "Just sit with us, this is ridiculous."

I takes a deep breath. I know that Louis and Liam weren't involved with Harry's beating, but what pisses me off is how they just don't give a shit. They may not be as close to Harry as me but if you saw an innocent CHILD, Harry's a litteral child, beaten and bruised, wouldn't you feel some sort of sympathy for him? And be a little pissed at Zayn?

But at the end of the day, I guess they haven't done really anything wrong. We're in the Mafia for fuck sake, of course they aren't going to feel bad for him. I take a deep breath to calm myself down before responding.

"Alright."

Liam smiles and opens him arms, giving me a hug that Louis and Zayn join in on.

He then breaks the circle and looks at Harry.

"Don't be silly harry, c'mon." He gestures for him to come closer and pulls him into the group hug.

***

Harrys pov

Perrie and I haven't talked in a while, and I really miss her.

I still feel so bad, she just wanted to look out for me and I stabbed her in the back. Not that I knew that when I first met Niall. It's hard because Niall's such an amazing friend, hell he tried to put me before the other guys who are like his brothers.

Speaking of, the boys are skipping class. I decided not to because I'm still only new here and I don't want a bad name after only a week.

I know that Perries in the same class that I have right now, Maths. So I walk in and spot a free seat next to her. I take a deep, nervous breath before walking over and sitting down. She looks up from her book and her eyebrows raise.

"Hey, how ya feeling?"

"Um, good good. Mind if I sit here?" Oh my god I'm an idiot.

"Yeah, that's fine. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Just because...you know...we haven't exactly, talked in a while." May as well start of strong and stright to the point.

"Yeah, we haven't." She sighs sadly.

"Look Perrie, that first day I had no idea who Niall even was or that he was apart of...that group. But he's a good friend now and-"

"Hey, breath." She chuckles, "I understand that, and I'm sorry that I was so cold to you. I was just worries, ya know? It didn't even occur to me that you wouldn't know who he is. And I'm sorry for that. Niall seems like a really good guy and I'm glad you have him as a friend, but I don't like the others. Especially Zayn, the dickhead."

I let out a small, breathy laugh. "Yeah he is, but I kinda get why he wouldn't like me. But I don't understand why he did what he did when he could of just, mabye like...talked to me? I don't know." I hate remembering that day, it just brings back far to bad memories.

"Cus he's a arse, that's why."

"True."

We sit in silence for a while before I sigh and turn towards her again. "Look, how about we just forget all of this. Start fresh?" I ask nervously. What if she says no?

"Absolutely." She smiles, leaning over and hugging me. I hug her back eagerly, glad she said yes. It feels like a weights been lifted off my shoulders.

***

After class I head to the bathroom. I do my business and am washing my hands when the doors open. I look up to see Zayn walk in, and I feel the colour drain from my face. No, this can't be happening again.

But to my surprise, he walks right pass me to the urinal. What? Nothing, not even a snarky remark?

Once he finishes he comes over to the sink next to mine to wash his hands.

God I hate this. I wish I could walk around the school and not fear getting beaten up. Even just sit at lunch without this awful thick tension that I know is there because of me. Before I could help myself I open my big fucking mouth.

"Look, we both care about the other guys, yeah?"

Zayn looks at me with a grimace. "Why the fuck would you even question that?"

"Well, I'm more so stating it. And us having this...distaste for eachother is obviously effecting them."

Zayn just frowns at me before saying, "If you want me to play 'buddy buddy's' with you then think the fuck again."

"What? No, I'm not asking that. What I am saying though is what if we at least try to cut it down? No snarky remarks, no awkward tention, eye rolls. None of that. We don't have to get along but at least make things bearable for them."

Zayn opens his mouth, probably to do exactly what I just suggested not to, but I cut him off.

"I can see that you care for those boys very much. And even though I hate that you did it, I know the only reason you... hurt me was because you were trying to protect them. By warning me to stay away. But I promise, I'm not a threat to any of you. Look at me, do you think I'm capable of doing something drastic?" I ask, holding my arms out.

Zayn lets out a small chuckle that he obviously didn't mean to, as he quickly made his face serious again. "I really don't like this, and I still fucking hate you with every fibre in my body, but" he grimces, "I guess I'm willing to try. But only for the boys! Not for you."

I smile. Wasn't exactly a compliment but I'll take it, not that I was expecting one.

"That's all I ask for."

He nods and looks at me one last time before walking away, slamming the door closed behind him.

I let out a deep breath, holding onto the edge of the sink, willing my heart rate to calm down. My body feels like jelly from all the adrenaline and nerves, but that went better then I could've ever dreamt of.

***

After school I find myself sitting at the bus stop. Lunch went pretty well, Zayn kept his promise and just talked with Louis while I talked with Niall and Liam. I hadn't had much to do with Liam, but he's actually really nice.

I hear familiar voices and turn around to see the boys walking towards me. I frown, what would they want?

"Yo Harold! We're heading to my place, wanna come?"

"Uhhh." I hesitate. Do I really want to? I mean I only just made up with Zayn. Well not made up, but you know what I mean.

"C'mon, just come. It's Friday! Live a little."

It does sound kinda fun...and it could give me a chance to get to know them better.

"Alright." I give them a small smile before standing up, walking towards them. This should be fun.