Chapter 10

She woke up a few hours later and they all went in one by one too see her and I was the only one left. I was sat next to her when she moved. “Nate” she whispered.

I handed her a glass of water and she looked at me “Nate I’m so sorry I wasn’t thinking straight, I love you I’m so sorry” she broke down in my arms and the doctor came in and checked her.

“Its ok baby, the main thing is your ok and you’ll be out of here soon. This time I’m not letting you out of my sight” she lay her head on my chest and fell back asleep.

We both woke up the next day to shouting outside. I kissed her cheek and went out to look.

“She’s my daughter let me see her now” Priya’s dad was shouting at her mom.

“Dad” I turned around and she was in the doorway.

“What are you doing out of bed you’re not well enough” I put my arm around her for support because you could tell she was struggling to stand on her feet.

“Nate take her in I will deal with my husband” I turned around and Mr Kumar pulled me back.

“I’m guessing you’re the boyfriend. Priya did I not raise you right. How could you be with someone that’s not even the same religion as us”

“Dad Enough. You need to leave now”

“No why should I, if anyone is leaving its him” the next thing I know is I’m lying on the floor with an aching chin.

“Dad stop” she pushed him and he pushed her away and she fell on the floor. He came towards me to hit me again but I caught his fist. “Dad please stop don’t hurt him”

“She is no daughter of mine, I only have one” he grabbed Mrs Kumar and dragged her out of the hospital.

“Baby are you ok” I checked her and she wrapped her arms around me.

“Nate I’m so sorry he hurt you” we went back into her room and I sat her down.

“Hey look at me it’s not your fault. Why did you leave where were you going to go” I lifted her chin and looked into her eyes.

“I was going to go to India; I wanted to get away from everything for a while. I’m sorry I hurt you. I Bet your family hates me now I ruined their time together” I pulled her close and whispered in her ear.

“They don’t they still love you and I don’t care but your still going with me to Greece. I asked your doctor he said it’s ok for you to go you’re only a little banged up but other than that you’re fine. You’re being discharged tonight and you’re coming with me back to my family house and we are flying out earlier so we will leave the day after tomorrow. ”

She nodded and lay back down, I stayed with her till she fell asleep and phoned Mrs Kumar’s phone.

Manjit – Hello

Me – hi its Nate

Manjit – is my baby ok, he hit you I’m so sorry

Me – I’m fine, Mrs Kumar I’m taking Priya to Greece till after the wedding I don’t want her to stress I’m going to distracter till its over and then I will come back and smooth things over with her dad

Manjit – thank you Nathan, please look after my baby I will try and talk some sense into my husband, I know she loves you and I’m glad she found you

Me – thank you

She disconnected the phone and I texted Simi to pack Priya’s bags for hot weather in Greece for one month.