Chapter 23

Priya POV

The next morning I was up early, I was dressed in a red Saree and doing my hair and makeup. Nate woke up and looked at me.

"Wow, you look amazing"

"Thank you" I pecked his cheek, "You need to get up shower and change, go"

I left the room and went downstairs into the kitchen; I made some breakfast and Indian style rice pudding. It's called Keer, it's a tradition that the bride had to make a sweet dish in her new home, that way she will have many sweet memories in the house. I made the food and set the table, everyone came down dressed.

I touched Ana and David's feet, it's a way to seek blessing, Simi had told them what to do when I do it. They gave me their blessing and we sat down to eat, once we had food it was time to go back to my parents' house. My brother drove and Nate was holding my hand, Nate hates Tomato Ketchup may seem random but wait for it.

When we got home my parents welcomed us in we sat down and my parents brought in the food. They handed Nate a samosa and I looked at mom, she gave me a thumbs up and I held back my smile, he bit into it and he was almost sick. They had filled it with ketchup, potatoes and red chili powder, I burst out laughing and Nate just looked at me.

"I am so going to kill you" he started laughing and I kissed his cheek. I was so lucky, we went home and Nate tackled me when we got to our room. "You bad girl" he teased, he kissed my neck and I squirmed.

The week passed pretty fast and today was the last day of our celebrations. I was dressed in a white dress and still had my Chura on. It went quite well with my dress actually. Dad was in a tux and he looked funny. I took his arm and he walked me down the aisle. Nate took my hands and we said our vows. "You may now kiss the bride" Nate lifted my veil and kissed me.

Everyone clapped and I blushed, we had a small reception and then we headed off home. Nate took a wrong and he stopped at a house. It was modern and new.

"Welcome home" I jumped into his arms.

"No way you brought us a house"

"Yes baby, this is going to be where we grow old, where we raise or kids and grandkids" he lifted me up and spinned me around.

I loved him so much