Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I changed into a pale yellow Lehenga and we headed to our reception, we decided to have Diljit Dosanjh Ishq Hazir Hai as our first dance. We did our first dance and cut our cake, we spent the whole time singing and dancing, the day was over and I had to go home for my Bidaai. Nate and I drove to my parents' home.

Mom and dad welcomed me into the house one last time and I put my hands in a yellow liquid and ade a handprint on the wall. I threw handfuls of rice behind me in the four corners of the house. Dad stated to cry and I did too.

"Dad I'm not going far" I wiped his tears

"I know but I haven't been the best father ever and I'm so sorry"

"It's ok dad" this was the emotional bit, I was leaving my home to go to Nate's, my brother and cousins threw silver coins on the road and my uncles and cousins pushed the car. As a ritual my brother had to come with me to Nate's house.

We drove to Nate's house and I was amazed. It was all decorated and looked amazing I made a note to thank Simi and Ricky for helping me so much. We got out of the car and Ana was stood in the door way with Simi by her side, she welcomed us into the house and I tipped over the rice before entering the house. I stepped into the red liquid and walked on the sheet of paper that was set out. These were my first steps into this house as Nate's wife.

Now the real fun begins.

"You ready" I asked Nate

"For what?"

"The games were about to play"

"No, Simi told me you had a plan" I nodded and he took my hand. We sat down at the table and Simi explained the rules.

"Ok so what you guys have to do is find the ring, there's loads of stuff in there like rice nuts and flowers so it may be hard, your only allowed to use one hand and the person who finds it first will be the more dominant person in the relationship" we both nodded and Nate looked pale.

Nate POV

She's going to win, she had this look in her eye telling me I was going to loose. Simi dropped the ring in and mixed it around. We both put our hands in and I couldn't feel anything, I went further over to her side and she had pulled everything over to her side.

"Clever" I mumbled she smiled at me and I grabbed her hand, we were fighting over the stuff at the bottom and I felt it the same time she did. We both pulled it out and she giggled.

"Ok so you both win" Simi laughed and we went on to the next one.

"Nate, you have to find your name in her Mehndi" Simi looked at me and I took her hands, she said it was written in English. I spent a good five minutes looking at her hands before I found it, it was on her ring finger.

"Next you both have a thread on your arms, you have to undo it with one hand, it's not allowed to break you must untie it" she went first and her nails were getting in the way, she took at least 5 minutes to untie mine. I did hers in seconds, she frowned and I smiled at her, she looked adorable.

"Ok last one, we will ask you questions, it's a yes or no answer, you aren't allowed to talk and you have to sit with your back's against each other with a pillow in-between" we sat back to back and Simi was firing questions at us.

They were pretty basic questions like is Nando's my favourite food, which it is so she nodded. She won by two points. It was pretty late and Priya was getting tired.

We went to our room and I picked her up bridal style and lay her on the bed.

"Keep it down you two" Simi popped her head round and giggled, Priya blushed and she looked beautiful.

I kissed her passionately and she smiled into the kiss, "I'm your wife now" she mumbled.

"Yes you are" and you guys can figure out what we did that night. I love her and she loves me and that's all we need.