Chapter 16

The next morning I woke up all wrapped up with Nate, I smiled when I remembered what we got up to that night. "Morning baby" Nate kissed my head

"Morning" I put my head back on his chest and thought of dad he would hate me for the rest of my life.

"Last night was by far the best birthday present I have ever had" he crawled on top of me and let's just say we got a tad busy. We were sitting at the table having lunch and my phone rang. I excused myself and answered it.

"Honey come to the hospital now your grandma she had a stroke, she needs you bring Nate too" I dropped my phone and Nate appeared.

"Hey look at me, what happened"

"My grandma she's in the hospital we have to go" we drovin silence and mom texted me the room number. I rushed to her room with Nate close behind me.

"Mom" I called, she turned around and I burst into tears. "Mom I can't' lose her"

"Why did you call them Nanny Ma doesn't need them" Jessica hissed at me.

"She's right she had no relation to us, she shouldn't be here" Dad looked at me with so much disgust.

"Dad, I know your mad at me but"

"No I'm not your father you disobey me, your still with this moron. The day you leave him will be the day I even think about accepting you as my child"

"That's enough dads, I have had it. You hate me because I have a boyfriend and he's not the same religion as us, but your precious daughter over there was going out with hers in Uni she set this whole thing up. We don't live in the old age, grow up dad I hate you so much for everything you have said to me and Nate. I won't ever leave him and I won't ever forgive you. I'm here for Nanny Ma I want nothing to do with you" I was so mad at him

"Don't pull lie's out of your ass Priya just because you're jealous"

"Shut up all of you, I've had enough of it just stop"

"We will decide if he's good enough" my uncles walked towards us,

"Since when do you guys care, you are only ever interested in Jessica" I spoke to them

"Ye we know but that's because we know you can handle yourself, we were always worried she wouldn't get anywhere in life without our help and she would probably still be looking for a job if we didn't help"

"It's not like she had a job" Dad pointed out

"Actually I do, I'm the new head of department for catering in a high school, and I start in September" I spoke.

"Kris, you see she's our little girl and she is so strong, you never cared about her and that's wrong" Dad looked at me and then to Nate.

"You aren't one of the family leave"

"Mr Kumar please, it has been killing her to know you're mad at her. It's my fault we are in this mess and I am willing to let her go if you accept her"

"No what is wrong with you" I shouted at Nate

"He's your dad Priya"

"No he's not like he said I'm not his daughter"

"I will set you a deal, Priya gets married to Akash and I will accept her back home. Otherwise you won't see me again" Dad proposed

"No way in hell" Akash was a jackass they were going to set my sister up with.

"Um sorry to disturb you but she's awake and is asking for someone called Priya and Nate" the nurse came out and told us.

I went in and rushed to her side, "Oh Nanny Ma I'm so sorry" I hugged her and she patted my back.

"It's alright I'm old, I wanted to talk to you because I want you two too do me a favour, I have put all my inheritance on your name, but my house goes to your brother. I want you two to be happy when I'm gone and promise me that you will bring your kids to India one day"

"Nanny Ma stop being so dramatic your only 79, you have to see me get married and have kids before you go remember we made a deal" I was close to tears, I hated it when she talked like this. She used to get depressed and say that when she was sleeping Papa, her husband used to visit her and tell her to come with him.

"I don't know, the doctor said I'm pretty bad this time. I just wanted you to know and you young man, get more handsome every time I see you. Please look after my baby"

"I will I promise, I love her more than anything in the world"

"I can see that, Priya can I talk to Nathan alone please" I nodded and left the room. I wonder what they are gossiping about.